Audiosurf

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
Been awhile since iv posted on these forums real life has taken a hold of me :), thought I would throw this game in here iv been playing it for about 5 hours very addictive and fun. Its a little bit like the old vib ribbon game in it uses your own music collection to make a track for you.

Basic premise is you load an mp3 song it makes a track based on that information so speed, block colours and number of blocks are determined. You then navigate left and right to either dodge or collect blocks.

There are two puzzle types in this game one with colour blocks which is tough got to match them up in 3`s or more. My personal fav is mono though its avoiding grey blocks while navigating around them to get coloured ones.

It also has achievements via steam and online scoreboard for songs. It has a few bugs but its new so will be worked out.

And for $9 its a bargin and it was made by 1 guy! he had design help who made models etc but he had initial concept and programmed it all.

I highly recommend it!

Full game and DEMO:
Steam - AudioSurf

Well it was onnly £6 for me and its a nice casual game to pass the time I jump in and out of it for 30 mins at a time. There is a demo available too I like the fact it uses steamworks and its a solo programming effort which is impressive.

This simple little game is just wicked sick!!!!!!

I can very highly recommend this to anyone who loves music, you can use all those mp3 files on your pc or a music cd.

You can download the free demo off of steam, you can also buy the full version and it is only $9.95....A great deal in my opinion as my whole family played the game yesterday.

You start up audiosurf, create an account, pick a song,the game analyzes the song and builds like a track or highway for the song, and you travel the track or highway and gather the colored blocks.... the track follows the beat of that particular song.....for such a simple concept it is really a very fun game.

I give it 2 thumbs up and it is at least worth it to check out the demo, if you are into music.

I love this game... The best music to use with it is trance/techno/electronic....and since those happen to be my favorites to begin with, it was totally worth the 9.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom