Assassin's Creed 2 Adds Eyefinity Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Assassin's Creed 2 Adds Eyefinity Support

Ubisoft has just posted a new patch for Assassin's Creed 2 (v1.01) that adds Eyefinity support for all you Radeon 5xxx series owners with multiple monitors. For those of you that haven't seen our ATI Eyefinity technology review, I highly recommend you give that a look to see what you are missing.

Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored. Added support for ATI Eyefinity technology. Fixed minor performance issues related to some multi-core processors. Now resets graphics options if a new video card or monitor is detected. Fixed some minor issues in Uplay Browser.

If it didn't cost so much I would definitely buy it now, so I'll probably wait till it goes on sale or drops at least $10. Before this, I had no doubt in my mind that I would never purchase it. Eyefinity is playing a huge factor now when I "teeter totter" what game to buy. Wahoo is all I can say. I'm glad devs are picking up on Eyefinity, and it proves that Eyefinity isn't just a little fad :D

If it didn't cost so much I would definitely buy it now, so I'll probably wait till it goes on sale or drops at least $10. Before this, I had no doubt in my mind that I would never purchase it. Eyefinity is playing a huge factor now when I "teeter totter" what game to buy. Wahoo is all I can say. I'm glad devs are picking up on Eyefinity, and it proves that Eyefinity isn't just a little fad :D

now nvidia needs a kick in the *** so they start doing it....then with competition hopefully it'll get better/more support. Oh well....nvidia seems to be napping on the job lately :C

They will have nVidia Surround (multi-monitor support), but apparently it will only support GPU solutions that are in a SLI setup. I think this is smart because they probably can't put all their eggs into Fermi's basket, so they are making sure to have something to fall back on with the current generation cards for the people who can't find/can't afford Fermi upon release, but still prefer the green team.

I hope nVidia can find a solution for single GPU multi monitor support though, because like you said it will create competition and get better/more support, and again in the end the consumer can win.

Maybe this is a move from AC2 devs to attract buyers now that the DRM has been cracked.

Indeed. (trying to say that as much as possible :p)
I'm just surprised it wasn't cracked before the game was released ;)

That's the thing. All it is is code. All a cracker has to do is reverse engineer it, find the code and replace or remove it...done.

EDIT:
ROFLMAO!!!!

drm_thumb1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom