AOE III initial opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimli of gloin

In Runtime
just wonder what people think of the AOE III trial version.
personally i think the trial isnt that good because they left out the learn to play part...

I havent noticed a real difference between AoEII and III yet. There is the home city thing, but that doesnt warrant a new game IMO. But ive only played the skirmish mode. Still, there should definitly be a tutorial

It looks a whole lot better graphics wise if you have Shader Model 3. Without it, it only uses hardware T&L rendering and doesn't look much different from AOE 2.

I just played it and it looks and plays great. Not a vast improvement over AOE 2, but with the new home city feature and great looking graphics and animations, I think I might pick it up.

The thing that impressed me the most were the ship animations. They were utterly amazing. But, i dont think this game has earned my money. Ill save that cash for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

yea I do have 6600 GT 128 mb. I downloaded the demo and thought the graphics were abysmal though. My system is comparable to yours, but with a faster processor, so I dont understand why the game looked so dated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom