Anyone still play BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I think i've made this same thread about 3 times, this being the 3rd :p The reason being i always try to get back into it because i love the game but the errors just do my head in to much. But now with news of the soon releasing 1.50patch my interest in trying again has been sparked. So, the community still going strong ? good number of servers ?

I played this on Xbox an liked it. Now that I am a PC freak I would be down to play. What's the errors about?

Bet I can get it cheap too!

Some people say it's fine, some people say it was so buggy they could rarely even get into a game (the menu system was the buggiest program i have ever came across for me)

But i am willing to try again now i have a good PC and a better O/S.

Shame your in the US, we can't play against each other ! :mad: I wish they would install a extremely fast fiber line from the UK to north america, so us gamers could play together. at the moment the pings are to high. They must be able to speed up the connection somehow..

a bit of maths shows the speed of light travels round the equator 8 times in a second, thats 200000miles around the world if done 8 times. The UK to US is 3500miles, therefor every 1/8th of a second light travels around 25k miles. 3500 goes into 25000 7 times. So light should be able to travel from the US to the UK in 17ms, theoretically in a no interference world with no intermedium we could have a ping of just 17ms, therefor i do not see it totally impossible for there to be a connection in the future which alows us 2 game crazy nations to play against each other :D

I reckon i got carried away then :eek:

I Play bf2 constantly, been having issues getting my custom map to work but oh well. Ill figure it out soon enough eh? any suggestions on that?

BF2 is awesome, i play in a few UK servers that arent too busy, my ping isnt horrible there but its up there.

Hmm, What ping times are we talking about ?

Also, my plan has been ruined. I just discovered light travels much slower through fiber than it does through a vacuum.

Which means, lasers are the future ! (A laser pointing from UK to the US) using several focusing lenses and mirrors along the way.It is highly plausible.. :p

I'll be ordering it very soon, especially as i have now seen this Project Reality mod.

I play occasionally, i find it's fun if you're playing with someone, but if you're alone its boring

Oreo, you don't have xfire! Get it quick then i'll play with you

You will see me pop-up now and again as always I am saltynay, much prefer bf2142 so play that more often though probably just because I know the maps better and some of the maps for Bf2 are just too dark for me. I love special forces expansion though it pawns BF2 standard imo the added element of rooftop combat makes it so much better.

I normally play as an assault or special ops troop and I find a good spot to basically snipe from then crawl all the way to the enemy base find a dark corner to hide and pick the enemy off as they run into the main combat. To really **** people off I become a squad leader and get my squad to follow me all the way to the enemy base then spread them out so that we capture 2-3 flags at virtually the same time flanking the enemy good stuff :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom