Anyone playing online with 1Mb DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
In an effort to sort out my highly inconsistent broadband i told the technician guy to lower the speed to 1Mb to see wether its more consistent and reliable, he's not done it yet though.

Any of you guys play with 1mb ? if so how is it online, does it lag etc etc ?

if we get over 15 members we could easily rent out a passworded server for just £31 a month, if you split that between 2 its just £2 a month, or $4. It would support 18 players.
It would be a UK server though for a few reasons, on average broadband in the america is twice as fast as Uk broadband, so its unlikely American players would lag anywere near as much as a British player on an american server.

i used to run at about 0.75Mbps and i could play CS1.6 fine, but downloads were about 25KB/s, and i hated it, because it wasnt far off 56K, which was about 5KB/s.

My old dsl line was 1.5 before i moved and it was plenty. My current connection is comcraptic cable which hits upwards of 10mb :)

online gaming doesn't require very much bandwidth. It's all about ping times.

How much noise is in your line? Your problem could just be bad wiring int he house that you can fix up yourself.

I play battlefield 2142 online with a 1meg ADSL line and its fine, my pings are always low aswell(between 20-50)

The joys of living out in the country side

Pings all depend on where you are in relation to the server you are playing on and how crappy the routing is to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom