anyone play silent-hunter or any game like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Anyone play this game? I'm looking at silent-hunter 3 right now since it's like $10. I know it's an older game but from all the reviews it seems to be really detailed and strategic.

Would like to try to get some input from you guys instead of reviews on other sites that have probably been there for years.

Anyone play this game? I'm looking at silent-hunter 3 right now since it's like $10. I know it's an older game but from all the reviews it seems to be really detailed and strategic.

Would like to try to get some input from you guys instead of reviews on other sites that have probably been there for years.

Have you looked into Silent Hunter 4? It's also $10 on the Egg, it's newer so the graphics may be a little better.

well i went ahead and bought it off of steam before anyone replied.

I like the game, it's pretty cool for $10..but that's the most I would pay for it really :| I don't mind the out-dated graphics. But it's kinda the same thing over n over..go to this area n patrol for 24 hours..and sink stuff if you see it pretty much (unless it goes beyond this later?) Again though, it's fun to play for a couple missions at a time...it's worth the $10(i wish i was more patient and bought the 2+3 pack on newegg or the number 4 for $10 though :\)

Seems like it would be a good add on..anything I need to do to prep for install? I haven't downloaded any patches or anything for it yet..so does it require official patches before it can be installed?

No, a vanilla instal, the grey wolves add on does it all. Once yo add that its alot better. I had/have a voice rec program setup, so you can actually tell the crew the commands.. like yell out "crash dive crash dive" or "Fire torpedo" Makes it alot more fun.... Oh, watchout for planes.. grey wolves make them a challange

Yha, playing the campaign can be boring, but there's the single play missions, and grey wolve pack adds a ton more. hehe you can also sneak into harbors and destroy battle ships and carriers! teach them bloody Yanks a lesson.

Check out subsim.com It has truckloads of add ons an such. Oh, you can also fight on line..

If you got it off steam, shouldn't it be fully updated?

this is the 2nd game i've bought off there ( both being bought within the last 2-3 ) so I'm not experienced with it :p it could be fully patched, i dunno :\

sounds like a good thing to do..and I'll try out the single missions thing

uhmmm k i downloaded that pack but I can't really the play the game anymore :|

for some reason after I installed windows 7 whenever i launch it, it doesn't want to go full screen..there are block bars on each side of the screen that are about 2-ish inches wide :|

anyway to fix this? I tried compatibility mode, full screen is checked in game, and i tried editing the resolution in the game's config file :\ none have worked

Windows 7 shouldn't be the issue, even so, if you have professional run it in XP mode. I have Silent Hunter 4, and I really like it and the graphics look great to me, especially after some realism mods were installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom