Anyone play oblivion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_Returns

Baseband Member
any of you guys play oblivion?

i am trying to patch up oblivion to the latest version- 1.2, but for some reason it doesnt work. I am currently running the latest updated version of windows vista ultimate. The game runs fine, i know my hardware is good enough for oblivion (i can play it just fine), its just i cant update it with the patcher for some reason.

The game doesnt say any warning or anything like that when i try to patch, it just gets stuck on 4% completion and wont budge a muscle. Any suggestion on how i can update it ?? thanks in advance

yeah I play oblivion XD great game.

Are you trying to install the right patch? don't take offense to the question. I tried to install the 1.2 shivering isles patch by accident, didn't work lol.
Then i just got shivering isles and didn't have any trouble.
Works the other way around too, if you have shivering isles you can't install the regular oblivion 1.2 patch.
Note that both patches have the exact same version number.

I always grab my stuff here: Planet Elder Scrolls - Maps, News, Oblivion, Cheats, Downloads

Also the patches don't work with the Direct2Drive versions of the game. So if you're playing that you're out of luck. In which case just check out that planet elder scrolls link and look for the 'unofficial oblivion patch' and other mods. make the game look and feel much better than stock. XD Keep in mind a lot of the texture mods will also make the game more resource intensive.

Try tesnexus.com as well as PES. They have the biggest amount of mods and downloads available for the game and I know they have the official and unofficial Oblivion patches.

yeah I play oblivion XD great game.

Are you trying to install the right patch? don't take offense to the question. I tried to install the 1.2 shivering isles patch by accident, didn't work lol.
Then i just got shivering isles and didn't have any trouble.
Works the other way around too, if you have shivering isles you can't install the regular oblivion 1.2 patch.
Note that both patches have the exact same version number.

I always grab my stuff here: Planet Elder Scrolls - Maps, News, Oblivion, Cheats, Downloads

Also the patches don't work with the Direct2Drive versions of the game. So if you're playing that you're out of luck. In which case just check out that planet elder scrolls link and look for the 'unofficial oblivion patch' and other mods. make the game look and feel much better than stock. XD Keep in mind a lot of the texture mods will also make the game more resource intensive.

i am having the same problem as he does. for some reason it just wont patch. i am downloading the right patch by the way

In that case the only other question I have, is do you have the Direct2Drive version of oblivion?
If so there is no patch. If not, have you tried reinstalling oblivion fresh? Keep your save files and give it a shot.
And if That doesnt work.. I'm stumped.

Try buying or DL/ing the shivering isles XPac then you won't need the patch.
Unless it's shivering isles you're trying to patch ; ;
Sivering isles is worth it anyway, very cool quests/areas.

Have you installed any of the knights of the nine stuff or Shivering Isles? After I installed those and then Shivering Isles I tried the new SI patch and it wouldn't work. Had to uninstall manually and remove registry files after that (was an utter pain in the ***). I would back up any saves/mods and reinstall Oblivion then without putting ANYTHING extra (just vanilla Oblivion) then try the patch.

Have you installed any of the knights of the nine stuff or Shivering Isles? After I installed those and then Shivering Isles I tried the new SI patch and it wouldn't work. Had to uninstall manually and remove registry files after that (was an utter pain in the ***). I would back up any saves/mods and reinstall Oblivion then without putting ANYTHING extra (just vanilla Oblivion) then try the patch.

In that case the only other question I have, is do you have the Direct2Drive version of oblivion?
If so there is no patch. If not, have you tried reinstalling oblivion fresh? Keep your save files and give it a shot.
And if That doesnt work.. I'm stumped.

Try buying or DL/ing the shivering isles XPac then you won't need the patch.
Unless it's shivering isles you're trying to patch ; ;
Sivering isles is worth it anyway, very cool quests/areas.

should i get shivering isles and knights of the nine BEFORE i start modding and updating patches and all that good stuff?? because i do want to do that later.

as for the patching... i am gonna borrow my friend's oblivion today and try using his then try to update. i think mine which i bought off craigslist might be the drive version you guys are talking about.

Oh I forgot about nights of the nine.

I'd say your best bet is do it like this.
1) Install Oblivion
2) Install SI
3) Install SI 1.2 Patch
4) install NotN and other mods.

I don't know about craigslist :/. Is it a retail CD, or a burnt CD?

Direct2Drive is when you buy a game, and then just download it to your HD. no CD's involved at all.

check out Direct2Drive.com if you can't picture what I mean. it's like Steam I guess. just slower, and more of a nuissance. I made the mistake of getting CoD4 from there. I've been too lazy to DL it again since reformat heh. Their servers are 1/4 the speed of Steams :/

Oh I forgot about nights of the nine.

I'd say your best bet is do it like this.
1) Install Oblivion
2) Install SI
3) Install SI 1.2 Patch
4) install NotN and other mods.

I don't know about craigslist :/. Is it a retail CD, or a burnt CD?

Direct2Drive is when you buy a game, and then just download it to your HD. no CD's involved at all.

check out Direct2Drive.com if you can't picture what I mean. it's like Steam I guess. just slower, and more of a nuissance. I made the mistake of getting CoD4 from there. I've been too lazy to DL it again since reformat heh. Their servers are 1/4 the speed of Steams :/

i got the original cd for the oblivion on craigslist. i wonder whats wrong

well i am gonna do your suggestion and try installing in that order. is there no patch update for knight of the nine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom