Anyone play MineCraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Other than Yami, does anyone play MineCraft? We, I and another friend, were thinking of starting a MC server, and we wanted to know if any are you are interested. Make a "MoM's World" or something, lol.

We are looking to just get paid hosting. Easier. Only costs us minimum $5 for 5 slots, $6 for 6, and so on. We'll work out something with the cost.

So if any of you are frequent players, please, tell me. If you just play once a month, I don't think this will be worth it. And if you hate this game, stay out, please.

Yeah, I don't really understand that game. I did some research, watched some youtube tutorials on it... I still don't get it.

Just seems like one of those games that wastes your time with no real goals. No n00bs to pwn!

I'm really not a graphical gamer, given I think Dwarf Fortress is pretty awesome... But come on the MC graphics are straight up early 90s. There is just no reason for them to be that ugly given the engines we have today. It would not have been any more work for the Dev who made it to make it slightly more visually appealing.

Sorry Davy ;p

Yeah, I don't really understand that game. I did some research, watched some youtube tutorials on it... I still don't get it.

Just seems like one of those games that wastes your time with no real goals. No n00bs to pwn!

I'm really not a graphical gamer, given I think Dwarf Fortress is pretty awesome... But come on the MC graphics are straight up early 90s. There is just no reason for them to be that ugly given the engines we have today. It would not have been any more work for the Dev who made it to make it slightly more visually appealing.

Sorry Davy ;p

The graphics were meant to be like they are. I personally like the graphics, it would be to weird and not minecraft if they were any different. Given the near infinite world, mobs, achievements, the sheer ability to create almost what ever you please. It is a game where you set your own goals. You don't need them set for you all the time. The game is the perfect creative outlet. In our server we built a city with homes, buildings, statues and a spleef arena.

Minecraft is coded in java, and I don't believe it uses any specific engine as far as I could find. But then again, it works on all platforms with no effort as well. If it was coded with a platform, they would have to recreate the game 3 different times to make it work on Windows, OSX, and Linux.

The game isn't for everyone, but everyone should give it a chance.

Overlord got it. The poor graphics unsettled me at first, then I got used to it.

It's totally open box. You can do ANYTHING.

@Overlord: We are planning to get the hosting from TreePuncher.com

Is there a definite yes or no from any of you?

Edit: Cheer up, Yami.

Yeah, remember SC2? :lol:

There is a demo out, if you want to try it out before you buy: TF Article
You would want to watch the starter tutorial to get the basics: Minecraft

OK, we have a server now. Been playing on it since late last night, little glitchy, but Ill contact the hosting company and get that resolved, if anything.

So, if any of you want to join, send me a PM, and I can give you the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom