Anyone play Flight Simulator X on a ATI card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Just wondering how well it performs? Mostly wondering about the 4800 series of cards but any input would be nice.

you have a 48070 ATI card... it will play it dang near maxed out, so I wouldn't worry about how it plays... try it out and find out for yourself.

Well I'm downloading the demo now to see how it goes. But its actually not for me, its for a friend. I'm hoping the game has a auto pilot or benchmark or really easy mode because its a simulator and I don't know how to fly.

I just wanted to see how well it ran on the 4800 series (mostly 4850) since I was thinking about telling him to get that over a 9800gt. But the only reviews I ever found said ati cards did poor in FSX.

I wouldn't worry about it too much... any of the 4800 cards will be ok to play on... since your eyes can only process 30FPS in real life, anything more than that is eye candy without lagging :p

my dad plays it with a 4650 and a low end duel core. I don't think he has the graphics maxed out or anything...but it's playable at whatever he is playing it at. I think 9XXX nvidia card or 48XX ati card would max it out or come near to it

I wouldn't worry about it too much... any of the 4800 cards will be ok to play on... since your eyes can only process 30FPS in real life, anything more than that is eye candy without lagging :p

Most games do not appear smooth to me at 30fps. Playable but not smooth. Personally I like 40 or higher in most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom