Anyone with mx518 or other gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumaadJ

Baseband Member
Ok I have an mx518 gaming mouse and I installed the setpoint drivers which was obviously a mistake. So I uninstalled them but the mouse feeling didnt change back to normal. So I said whatever and kept them.

The problem is when I change usb ports the mouse feels different with almost every single usb port I change to. One of them is even normal without drivers. How can I know for sure which one is which? And why is this happening?

SetPoint is a great program. You can set everything about the way your mouse feels. I use it with my G5.

Unless some of your USB ports are 2.0 and some are not, I can't think of any reason why they should be changing so like that.

However you should, as said above, get some sort of software that allows you to tweak what you like about the mouse. Does the mx518 come with any utilities?

I splashed out on a G9 (bloody worth it too, twitch reactions are up 60%!), and that has onboard memory settings for 5 profiles. Came with good enough software to set up the way I like. Recently formatted and havent even installed the software cause the G9 just remembers it all anyway.

My thought is your DPI is changing everytime you switch it around, mine did that when i uninstalled setpoint, so i gotta change my DPI via the buttons near the scrollwheel.

Setpoint is very good, you can set the settings to exactly what you want. Should just keep it installed and set it your your liking.

SetPoint sucks alone; if you're gonna use it, use UberOptions: uberOptions Wiki | Main / uberOptions

When I used my MX518 (now have a Razer Lachesis), I used UberOptions and loved it because the extra thumb buttons weren't being recognized correctly in any of my games. Installed UberOptions, and was able to set buttons to do different commands with each different program I used.

Haha carnage I know you too well man :p. I was even thinking to myself "If carnage reads this thread he's gonna suggest uberOptions."

Don't blame you I've been using it since you linked me to it.

Darn right :p.

SetPoint sucks alone; if you're gonna use it, use UberOptions: uberOptions Wiki | Main / uberOptions

When I used my MX518 (now have a Razer Lachesis), I used UberOptions and loved it because the extra thumb buttons weren't being recognized correctly in any of my games. Installed UberOptions, and was able to set buttons to do different commands with each different program I used.

EDIT: Forget that, just tried it and seems pretty good !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom