Anyone know the official release date of FarCry 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
It seems like there is no hype and no info out there about FarCry 2 that is reliable enough to trust. I've seen release dates of March, September, and October of this year. Anyone have any idea what the official release date is and why this game isn't hyped nearly as much as Crysis was?

Crysis was the first real DX10 game, that's why.

No one knows, and why does it matter ? it'll come out when it comes.
Be patient..;)

However, i would likely predict it won't be march, it's more likely to be september, and then delayed to november or december. Thats how things usually go.

Crysis was the first real DX10 game, that's why.

That's very debatable... yes, they marketed it as the first real DX10 game, and it looked that way, but soon after we figured out we can get those supposedly DX10-visuals on DX9....

To expand on the topic of DX10.. assume that Crysis is 1-2 years ahead of its time graphically (as some of the developers have stated), this means that DX9 will still be a very powerful and capable for another year or two... and of course, developers would be foolish to cut out the DX9 market by then, but at the rate that MS is pushing Vista, we might see a lot of people already on DX10 anyway.. who knows, we'll see

yea, i wish i knew when they were comin' out with it, i'd assume late this year, because if it was comin' out in march, i think the hype for it would be up a bit. cause now, there's nothin. but from what i saw on gamespot, the game looks like it will be amazing, i hope they can make the graphics as good as crysis.

Microsoft is in control of everything. DX10 will become a standard, just like DX9 did. I think FarCry2 is going to be a very good game. Too bad even my rig is going to have a hard time keeping up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom