Anyone here of any pc exclusive shooters coming out anytime in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the PC games released this week. I'm a moderator at gamershell.

- City of Heroes: Architect Edition
- Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason
- Demigod
- Still Life 2

Great. The people who played that game will learn the ending.

Personally, I didn't play the game, but I heard from friends that it didn't have an ending.

Be happy with games like cod4....could be awhile.

I actually like cod5 better. It isn't because I think the game is better. It is just because I'm bored of cod4 and I am better in cod5. 200 hrs vs 100 hrs.

I could of sworn Bioshock was terrible on consoles ?

I would agree that it's inferior to the PC version for control reasons (not only aiming but faster plasmid switching), but the 360 was the lead platform as with most multiplatform games today.

All MMO's are PC exclusive (for the moment, atleast),

Phantasy Star Universe.... Both playstation 2 and PC clients play on the same servers. Xbox 360 is on it's own server.

But no, unfortunately because of the large amounts of people who don't want to buy games, and just download them, developers are increasingly forming hatred against PC gamers and prioritising/moving there games to consoles.

On a brighter note, having a developing for a console would be simpler as the developer only has to develop for the select console and that its. Unlike PC (and Mac) where they need to develop for a range of Operating Systems and Hardware Configurations.

I could of sworn Bioshock was terrible on consoles ?
Not sure about console, but I remember having a devil of a time trying to get Bioshock to work the first time on PC.

On a brighter note, having a developing for a console would be simpler as the developer only has to develop for the select console and that its. Unlike PC (and Mac) where they need to develop for a range of Operating Systems and Hardware Configurations.

How is this a brighter note? This is not good. This is another reason that developers pull this crap.

How is this a brighter note? This is not good. This is another reason that developers pull this crap.

Yeah, your right. I had so much more fun spend a few hours trying to troubleshoot Bioshock, UT3, Sacred 2 and Alone In The Dark for PC to work.
And in the case of Alone In The Dark, they have still not released any patches, and yet you have people screaming on the forums about how buggy that game it.

If a game doesn't work it is because you have something set incorrectly in your system the grand majority of the time. I have never encountered a major error that wouldn't let me play something that wasn't my fault.

If a game doesn't work it is because you have something set incorrectly in your system the grand majority of the time. I have never encountered a major error that wouldn't let me play something that wasn't my fault.

Oh... okay.......
I would like to appologise the devs that did Alone In The Dark that I had to reduce my sound quality from 5.1 to 2.0 just so I could not have thier game client crash on me. Shame On Me.

Seriously. The most I would expect that I would have to do with any new game would
* Install latest Direct X
* Install latest Video Card Drivers.
* Make sure windows is up to date.
* Check to make sure that latest patches are installed.

Not have to format and re-install windows.

One the reason why I have been moving away from PC over to console games. Console Games.... put in the CD / DVD and it works.

So basically what you are saying is that you have never had to patch a PC game.... ever. I wish I had your luck.

hmm, the only thing that really annoys me is securerom. but we arent going to go there ;)

and i have never had to patch a game. every game i have has run fine just installing from the disc and playing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom