Anyone had motion sickness from Half Life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had motion sickness from a game, strange, although I do know someone that got motion sickness, and Passed OUT! from playing halo on an XBOX, although that might have been because they were a bit weird, playing on a 14" crappy TV, from like 3cm back, but that's the only thing in my memory related to gaming!??

All the Half-Life titles make me woosy to some extent. I did get real weird after 20 minutes of Quake II once. The other games UT, Q3, Doom 3, Q4, Serious Sam you get the picture do not make me sick at all.

FEAR made me really sick but once I turned the head bob down I was fine. THe only other game that has given me motion sickness is HL2 but I think that was something to with the mouse smoothing. I find if you smooth all movements out you get really sick. Also try moving your head because motion sickness is your eyes telling your brain that your moving but the water balance in your ears telling your brain that your not moving and all this confusion gives you motion sicknes. So in theory if you move your head the water balance in your ears will tell your brain that your moving just like your eyes are telling your brain. Voila no motion sickness. LOL

TheMajor said:
Wow. How can a game give you motion sickness? Never experienced anything like it.
You gotta be focussed on what you're doing. If your fiddling around with something else, and can see too much of the solid environment around you, you won't be confusing yfdr brxxn. If ywu're messaging or hwse a smvll maniitr, yovr chyunes of nwt gsieikg swek aue bfuwer.

Depends on the person, some people get motion sickness from games; but some people like me don't get it. Just like being car sick, sea sick, air sick, etc.

Motion sickness?? Bah.. Never even heard of it.. Off course, I play on a 17" laptop screen so I guess that's the reason..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom