Anyone else feeling FPS overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like all the FPS games coming out. They should keep coming out with more too...Graphics are slowly improving in each and everyone...I'd love to see what graphics on games are like in the future...

well honestly...i agree with this thread.
All the new games coming out are fps....they are good games, but its all running and shooting.

Portal was good for a change, it was something different.
I guess alan wake will be next on my list.

A simulation, but not the sims? I agree.

Make it a FPS, but you don't have to use a gun in the game. You can just be a regular guy, go to work....come home, go out for some drinks, get wasted, etc. OR.....you can turn into a psycho serial killer and sneak in your neighbors home a slit his throat. Or you can just be a burgler. Or maybe you go rob the convenience store. If EA makes the game you can practice sports, and then integrate the sports games if you get really good and become an NBA basketball player. But still keep the FPS style when not playing a game.

Then the NBA player gets done with a game and he is a serial killer at night.

"Do anything, Do Everything" I think that is the game of the future.

Also, have it be an online game (as well as single player). People in your neighborhood are other people playing the game. However, to prevent it from being a massive chaotic kill everyone game, have HUGE penalties for dying or getting arrested (for online only). Allow like 5 characters per account, for example, and have jail time range from a couple of days to a maximum of 3 - 6 months. Realistic risks for committing crimes would be genius, instead of respawning at the police station or hospital, i.e. GTA3.

If you die you either go to heaven or ****. Your life will be reviewed and if you go to heaven god may put your soul back on earth very shortly. If you are bad and go to ****, you get tortured for a couple of weeks before going back to earth. God may put your soul into a wealthy CEO and you have an awesome house with lots of cars, but if you are bad your soul is inserted in a garbageman's body.

With up to 5 characters allowed, you could have the safe characters (law-abiding) so you always will be able to play. A not so bad guy would be a vigilante type who only targets and kills bad guys, or maybe you get into the profession of being a police officer. Or a counter-terrorist, like CS.

This game is a long ways away from being possible, but I bet within 10 years we will have the hardware and software capabilities of creating a game like this.

Maybe in VR too.....

why dont you tell the game producers about it...
i get where your comming from with your thoughts, but its gonna take a while for that kind of game to come into production.

After playing crysis,cod4,assasins creed,half life, etc etc ill pretty soon get sick of fps games.

I mean sure, they introduced dx10, which is pretty cool, i mean finally we have something great to look at, but we need good gameplay.
I've been playing madden for 3 years now,06,07 and now 08...the gfx suck on pc but its just a fun game.

And a game people should look into is Prenumbra, it was something different imo...it was short, but a different fps game.

I think it is just about time though for some open-ended stories. I know there are a few out there.....

I'm talking about like every character in the game can die. Every character in your game can become either friend or enemy, or just neutral. You can be good or bad.

A game that has NO STORY. You create the story.

That is the game of the future.

I agree with dh XD Reminds me tons of fable lol

I guess i'm not getting fps burnout cause I've been behind for last few years on games >.> Finaly fantasy, golf, diablo 2 and older RTS games run good on my system. Everything else is junk ; ; I mean fear is a great game and such.. But it's not spectacular at lowest settings possible hehe. Supreme commander is like watchign claymation.. even on low XD. Maybe that's why I'm so pumped about all these games, even if they're all FPS. I can definitely see where people are coming from though.

I'd like to play heavenly sword ; ; my ps3 money went to video card though >.>

which is kinda sad if you really think about it hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom