Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussein19891

Biostar Stole my heart
Any suggestions as to what my new 8600GT 512MB DDR2 video card can handle? Obviously its Compatible with Direct X 10. Its a 128 bit card with a 540MHz Core clock and I don't plan to Over clock. Hopefully it can handle the Direct X 9 games pretty good with my Athlon X2 4600+ with 2 Gigs of Ram@800mhz and a motherboard with a FBS of 1000mhz.

Thanks for that, although most people over clock, its just not for me. Besides I'll be enjoying myself with Direct X9 for as long as I can. Since most new games have the option of playing them on Direct X9 anyways.

if u OC ur graphics card (be really really careful) to 600/900 you could prolly play crysis on medium to high if u check AL and AF to 2x

if u OC ur graphics card (be really really careful) to 600/900 you could prolly play crysis on medium to high if u check AL and AF to 2x

Crysis? Most games wont run well period, its a crappy card. Crysis brings down even the 8800gts, gtx, ultra to its knees. An 8600gts will not play crysis well, if at all even on the lowest settings. The proccesor doesnt help either, as crysis is cpu dependent as well. Am 8600gt is basically a 7600gt with dx10, which runs even worse than dx9 on it.

Crysis? Most games wont run well period, its a crappy card. Crysis brings down even the 8800gts, gtx, ultra to its knees. An 8600gts will not play crysis well, if at all even on the lowest settings. The proccesor doesnt help either, as crysis is cpu dependent as well. Am 8600gt is basically a 7600gt with dx10, which runs even worse than dx9 on it.

512 makes all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom