Any gamers out there with crappy computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia fan boy said:
I do that all the time but i start to miss the real graphics.

Games have progressed magnificantly over the past few years especially. If you really want nostalgia, load up old Wolfenstein 3-D, which was the first "hit" first person shooter. The graphics are like so bad they are laughable today. But this game was once awed at.

i've had this comp for a day now and its like heaven on earth...feels good finally...lol...especially when i havent had a good comp ever since i got into pc gaming

Comp i used since i became interested in gaming to recently 2003:
HP PAVILION 9600
Pentium 3 733MHz
256MB RAM(2x128MB)
30GB HD
NVIDIA TNT PRO 16MB
Creative Labs

Comp i was using a week ago:
Dell Inspiron 5100 notebook
Pentium 4 2.4GHz
512MB RAM
30GB HD
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 32MB

Current:
Antec Performance plus case
500w psu
Asus K8N Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000
1GB RAM
80GB HD
ATI RADEON X800XT 256MB
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition

Yea, that really is a jump. I'm glad you finally have a computer that can play these new games with mind boggling graphics without a hint of lag. You should get Doom 3 and HL2 with a rig like that.....

we all love our fast computers but it always makes you want more. dont know why, when you see somethin gnew out the you just want it. But i play the old wolfenstein all the time. That and Descent1.

Nvidia fan boy said:
we all love our fast computers but it always makes you want more. dont know why, when you see somethin gnew out the you just want it. But i play the old wolfenstein all the time. That and Descent1.

Give me a list of all the games you play regularly....

I have to upgrade big time,my celeron 2.4 and my 9200se just don't cut it anymore,i played doom3 and i had 2 have it on the lowest setting's and it still lagged big time in place's:(:(

Carniva said:
Yeah, i just recently built an OLD pc just to enjoy the delights that the old games offer, as many of u know xp lacks the abiltity to run games from the past

The specs are:

AMD K6 550 mhz
Gigabyte ga-5ax rev 5.2
ATI rage pro turbo 8MB
64mb pc133 SDRAM
2.1gb Seagate hard disk
Shitty Mercury 4.1 soundcard
Running 95 and 98

So who says we need a really fast computer to play games!!!!

MY Vectra will smoke you!!!lol :

Intel P3 600E (100*6) 1.625v
FIC KZM-6120 440BX
512MB PC100 SDRAM 2-2-2-5 3.3v
20GB 54KRPM
Onboard PCI sound
Matrox MGA G200 AGP 2X 8MB
WXP Pro SP2

lol great lil' machine.

amd k6 OC'd to 600 w/ 512kcache, 512meg of pc133, hmmm have to look at the mobo, 3gig maxtor ata3, soundblaster live value, Nvidia geforce-256DDR, windows ME. it works but thats all im giving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom