anti aliasing kills my FPS in every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well did you ever find out if that overclock on the cpu did work? Just check system in control panel or get coretemp or orthos or something. They will tell you the real speed, plus you might want to run those anyways to make sure the overclock is good because somebody did say the softwares not good.

Also have you checked benchmarks for similar systems on these games with the same settings. And when I say similar I mean 9800gt/8800gt in sli on a fast dual core. Like others have said other people with fast systems might not take a big of a hit because their cards handle AA well.

Note: 8800gt and 9800gt are basically the same thing.

well I dont know what to think everything shows that its still at 3.0 i belive but my temps are much much hotter implying it did over clock right

heres a pick of core temp is it overclocked and im not looking at the right thing?

Coretemp.jpg

1680x1050 needs at least 2xAA at the very minimum, in my opinion. I prefer 4x or 8x if performance is still good.

the 8800s should do 2x aa in most games though, don't they?

The need for anti-aliasing does depend on screen resolution, but doesn't it more specifically depend on screen resolution in comparison to how big your monitor is? Like, 1680 x 1050 will look right on a 22" widescreen, but will look better on a 20" widescreen? Because pixel density is greater? Like, maybe you wouldn't need as much AA on a 20" as you would on a 22"? Not sure if I worded all of this crap correctly or not...

Well maybe the problem is with the cpu overheating. Did you just finish having the cpu running at 100% when you took that pic? I'm not positive of what temps a e8400 should be but I thought max was suppose to be 70c. Your hitting 64c at only 8% and 18% load. My processor would be at half that temp and I'm pretty sure mine is suppose to run a little hotter. Even if its not causing a problem with AA those temps seem really high to me.

Does the computer ever crash?
Have you ran orthos to make sure the cpu isn't overheating and is stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom