anti aliasing kills my FPS in every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a core i7 running almost 4 ghz with ddr 3 memory and sli 8800 gt's, AA kills my framerates.........

i have a spare radeon 3870x2 here and AA kills it too, so i thought since it was ATI with 2 gpu's it would be straight but nope LOL

wow lol then why can many people max AA in games like FO with 1 8800gt the forums are full of people who say that plus I know someone personally who does

wow lol then why can many people max AA in games like FO with 1 8800gt the forums are full of people who say that plus I know someone personally who does

Like I said only the HD 4800's and the GTX 200 series have an architecture that can handle AA and AF without taking much dip in FPS...

Guys come on read the thread!

My recommendation, sell the two 9800GT's for a HD 4850/70 or a GTX 260 or Core 216

I doubt you go much over 2x.....that was the limit I found when I had the 8800GTS 512mb.

Which is why I was wondering why he was having trouble with 2x AA when he has two of them in SLI. They should eat most games alive even with 4xAA

I can do 4xAA or higher, depending on which game (cod5 waw sp doesnt like 4xAA...but is butter smooth on 2xAA..mp i can do 4xAA just fine).

SLI should sustain at least 4xAA most the time. My card is ocd a bit, and i have the latest drivers which helps a bit. But yeah GT200 handles the stuff much much better then G92 based cards.

I can tell you from years of pc gaming, that the biggest hit you will take is when you add AA....Period! The more AA you want.....the more video card power you are going to need, and there is no way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom