anti aliasing kills my FPS in every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is with the gfx card's architecture, it just doesn't like AA plain and simple. The asus ai suite tool is rubbish you should go into your bios and do it manually its not quite as simple as clicking on 20% and thats that.

what all does AA do? just smooth jagged edges?

Basically, yes.

can you still have a graphically nice looking experience without it?

That's subjective :) Personally, I would say, no.

Also monitor size in relation to resolution matters.

1680x1050 needs at least 2xAA at the very minimum, in my opinion. I prefer 4x or 8x if performance is still good.

the 8800s should do 2x aa in most games though, don't they?

What games do you play? I have sli 8800gts which are 4gens old now and they can handle all games I play at full settings and 2-4x AA and I am running at 1900x1200. Only exception is crysis which is a real performance hitter even if you have tri sli'd 280's

I play crysis
oblivion
fallout 3
spore bioshock
assasins creed and all my opther games are less taxing on systems so i wont list them.

In crysis I can max everything but no AA and in FO3 Its the same story, but in oblivion I can use x8 AA but it causes odd flickering
idk what to do any more
no AA no flicker but looks like ***

Ahh thats a simple solution turn gay then you wll enjoy looking at a55 for hours on end. Only thing you can do is overclock the cards a tad or get some 260's but I would wait until after christmas as nvidia are releasing three new top end models 260(55nm), 285 and 295

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom