Another HL2 vs Doom 3 article...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very good article, although I think the Source Engine crushes the DOOM 3 engine.

It not only runs 100 times better than the DOOM 3 engine, but in my opinion it looks more realistic...

It not only runs 100 times better than the DOOM 3 engine, but in my opinion it looks more realistic...

i'll back u up, the source engine is sooo much better than the doom 3 engine. Doom 3 may have the lighting, but source has the realism and the artistic advantage. :D

Carniva said:

i'll back u up, the source engine is sooo much better than the doom 3 engine. Doom 3 may have the lighting, but source has the realism and the artistic advantage. :D

Couldn't have said it better. ;)

Doom 3 had the lighting and shadows, while the shadows in HL2 are very unrealistic (they aren't even in the direction of the light source many times.) However, the world detail in HL2 is so much more realistic. If they can just improve the shadowing in the source engine, it would definately beat out Doom 3.

not liking doom3 contributes a bit to my preference of half life 2 and the source engine, but it will be good to compare when Quake 4 comes out.. I love half life 2 and for the first few chapters I would just stand at a place n look at the mad graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom