Another Fallout 3 CTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gratesk0t

Beta member
Just installed Fallout on (relatively) new laptop. I used to have it installed on my old one, and I remember getting decently far before running into CTD crap. Now I can't even start a new game without CTD (which I think should be re-named to STD, "send to desktop" which results in a much more appropriate acronym). I've googled far and wide and tried the following "fixes":

-ffdshow: ffdshow was not installed on my laptop. I installed it. When I checked the exceptions list, fallout was already on there.

-Patch: tried installing patch 1.7. Got the "Ordinal 5360..." error. Downloaded FOMM, followed instructions to make patch usuable. Worked. Patched. Fallout automatically launched as soon as I was patched. Fallout automatically CTD'ed as soon as I selected New Game.

dxdiag: http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/fallout-3-alternative-crash-desktop-fix-200527/ this one, had the same problem as Luche.

.NET framework: tried this one, ran into some difficulties installing it, don't remember exactly what, will try again if lacking other suggestions.

-Depression: Cried, pulled out some of my already thinning hair, drank lots of rum. None of these helped.

Any thoughts?

Laptop specs:
Gateway NV55C
4G RAM
Intel Core i5 460M Processor (I'm just reading the crap on the label below my keyboard)
Intel HD Graphics
Windows 7 Home 64-bit

Have you tried running directx setup? I have a few games, and even though DX10/11 should run DX9 or older games fine, they don't, microsoft has a dxwebsetup file somewhere, that will obtain every directx update from 9.0 all the way to the latest release and install it, strangely this fixed a lot of fallout issues for me. Oh, and audio drivers ALWAYS caused a CTD for me with fallout, ended up having to use the generic microsoft ones :-\

Just tried that now. No progress.

I've tried every single solution I've found online to no avail. Can't get past loading the opening cinematic. I'm just gonna by the blasted xbox version on ebay.

@ gratesk0t, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom