Americas Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhwker01

Baseband Member
If you play Americas Army can you post your FPS, especially if you play insurgent camp. I have a Quad 9600 4 gig ram and 4850 video card. I usually get around 40-60 FPS. These seems low but I heard Americas Army is not very forgiving on PC's.

i usually get around 20-30fps... but for the game, 10+ is playable. also i have a crap computer.

k well, let me introduce myself, i am cylon, Americas Army is my game, i'm very good at that game and i have and still compete at the very most competitive level of that game. And i've been playing for over 4 years. Its by far my favorite game. K Let my tell you a bit about that game.

This game can run fine you just need the right settings/tweaks.

1. Its a free game and frankly the way the entire game is coded sucks and thats one result of your low fps

2. Punkbuster the anti cheat client i have heard is a major drain on your performance.

When i play aa in a server i usually get around 120-140 fps. Theres a few things you can do to increase your fps for this game. Turn off Vsync it caps your fps. Another thing about that game is that at the default netspeed ( 10000 ) your fps is capped at 85 fps. In order to uncap this everytime you enter in a server you must type in your console netspeed 10001. this will uncap your fps and gives a dramatic performance boost (at least for me).

Another major problem with this game is that it default runs on a dx8 engine....yikes......now you can play this game in dx9 which will increase your performance a bit and also include a nifty loading bar when you load new maps. In order to run your game on dx9 you have to change some settings in your Armyops.ini file in your AmericasArmy/System/.......folder heres a link the my army ops ini that is setup to run on dx9 and increase performance for your game.

http://www.2ngaming.com/members/cyl0n/ArmyOps.ini

If you have any additional question about important and necessary tweaks to improve your game play my xfire is aacyl0n.

Thanks everyone for the reply. I will try the above. and I hope to chat with you cylon. I started playing Americas Army back in 2002 when it came out. I played for over a year but then got out of gaming. Well now I built a new PC and I want to get back into gaming. Cylon, are you in a clan?

Cylon - I got home to late to try the FPS improvement tips but I did get a little bit of playing time in. I did very well once my nerves settled down. I played only insurgent camp and averaged 45-60 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom