America's Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygraed

Baseband Member
I've been looking for a good, free FPS, and America's Army looks rather enticing.
However, I'm an ardent anti-military pacifist, and I don't want to be put on mailing lists and have a bunch of non-game-related military crap all over my computer. Does AA install anything other than the game, and does it require any personal information?

No, I don't think it does. I hope you have patience, though. I couldn't even get past the first training level without shooting the trainer, therefore making me start again.

Is it multiplayer only? Because it's 900MB and I don't want to waste all that time to find out that it's got no single-player mode.

It,s mainly MP, only the training missions are SP but they are quite good and realistic, everything from SF classroom lessions to escape&evade swamp crawling which is a real pain in the *** and you will need to get it done if you want to play as the SF with thier über weapons.
currently playing it, some maps are crap and makes the game stink while others like Bridge and Extraction are real pieces of masterwork. btw my player ID is [SF]MKM[18F]

Tordenskjold said:
its both, i think.. why not play online?
Well, I'm currently piggybacking on my neighbor's WiFi connection, and I don't want to be hogging his bandwidth for hours at a time.

the game is good i play it quite alot :D

its enjoyable 1nce u learn a map and yes its an online game.

my player name is =GK=[MSG]Lethal7

hygraed said:
Well, I'm currently piggybacking on my neighbor's WiFi connection, and I don't want to be hogging his bandwidth for hours at a time.

Online games don't use much bandwidth. About 10kb/sec upload and problably 100 kb/sec download max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom