Amd Or Pentium For Gaminig!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

werewolfpack

Baseband Member
Im going to build my computer and i was wondering if i should put the new amd 64 processor or the new pentium with the hyper threading technology? any feedback would be great.:cool:

Thats how I feel... gaming=amd. AMD and Intel are both great companys... for some reason Intel's are usually more expensive. I guess its because of their brand name. You wont notice the 64 bit processor unless you get win 64... but I have heard that, that os is crap. So, once a new good os by microsoft comes out... your processor will ROCK.

Intel's P4 EE chip cost almost twice as much and performs roughly the same as an Athlon 64/64 FX. Plus, the 64 bit processors were made specifically for gaming. Buy AMD!

AMD seems to be the choice in gaming, even though I use P4 all my life and it runs my games blazing fast anyways. Yet Intel is better for Multitasking and such.

The only disadvantage I see to AMD is they heat up more than Intels. I wouldnt buy the retail, but get a aftermarket heatsink and fan. I like vantec heatsinks for AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom