AMD Athlon 64x2 AM2 and WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Just build a new computer for my future brother inlaw. He's a WOW Addict. And he's just got an AMD Athlon64x2 3800, 1Gb Ram, GF7600GT 256Mb Vidio card, Windows Xp Pro

When I was installing WOW (using the 14 Day Trial Disk), there was an error message saying that my CPU is not fast enough. WTF? It's a AMD Athlon 64x2 3800 Dual Core Socket AM2.

Has any one else had this problem?
Is this going to cause a future problem?
(I do not want to get any abusive phone calls about a computer shitting itself in the middle of an MC run)

I wish I could help, but I know nothing about world of warcraft. Did the trail even install? If not, may-be another disk?

If it did install but, your just worried about the error message, "may-be wow just didn't recognize the new AM2 cpu?" IF it did install, i'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I wish I could help, but I know nothing about world of warcraft. Did the trail even install? If not, may-be another disk?

If it did install but, your just worried about the error message, "may-be wow just didn't recognize the new AM2 cpu?" IF it did install, i'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.

The trial did install completely. I did managed to get all the WOW Updates.

Now I did bring this up on the wow tech support forums.

Now I did have some one comment about :L-
(DatTH)
Some chips can fall to 800MHz or lower with Cool and Quiet enabled. You can ignore that error message and install or use the Athlon 64 x2 drivers from AMD's website to properly support C&C.

C&C is cool and quite.

It lowers the voltage of the cpu to 1.0 and below and brings its speed WAY down.

Can be disabled in the BIOS.

My future brother in law picked up is new PC. He's happy.

He's also given me what is left of his old rig. (AMD Athlon Xp 2800, Faulty Motherboard and FX5200 128)

I am going to see about trying to sneak the motherboard pass warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom