Hello, here are my system info:

Q6600 @2.4 on Intel DG33BUC
4GB Kingston DDR2 Pc-5300 667Mhz
BFG Geforce 8800GTX 768MB
vista 32-bit
VS 22" VX2255wmb wide

running crysis on 1680*1050 / 4xAA / High settings,

getting around 20-25 fps

Is this normal given my system? is the processor my main limitation? will replacing the mobo to enable processor oc (say up to 3.0) will make any noticable difference?

thanks

turn anti-aliasing off, thats whats killing it the most.

i think you should run PC6400 ram

Just turn off AA, and oc the gtx.

Also, if you run the game at 1440x900, itll still look good and run smoother as well.

well u both said turn off AA which did give some extra frames, but i really dont see any difference with AA turned on or off, is this a crysis issue?

dont want to oc the gtx which i guess is strong enough, but its too bad i cant oc my quad, i read ppl get some 3.75 with good cooling system. guess that would defintely increase perfomarnce??

OC'ing either would definitely improve performance. Why don't you want to OC your GTX? If that's the case you might as well have bought a GT and OC'd it, because as it stands with your card stock, my GT performs better at less than half price. OC'ing is what your card is good at.

OC'ing either would definitely improve performance. Why don't you want to OC your GTX? If that's the case you might as well have bought a GT and OC'd it, because as it stands with your card stock, my GT performs better at less than half price. OC'ing is what your card is good at.

K well i am not very familiar with overclocking graphics cards. the card is already running the standard bfg oc 600/1400.

what can i do as a good start ? use coolbits? and how much can i max it out without having to install additional cooling?

thanks

get ATITool. Overclocking a graphics card is easy. Just see the values that other people are using and move the sliders for core frequency and memory frequency up and then just save them and you're set... it's seriously not that hard. Just download ATITool and you'll see what I mean. It's very user-friendly if you're just making a regular overclock.

also consider dual-booting a copy of Windows XP to get a slight performance boost. There is no difference visually and Crysis runs a few frames faster in XP. In fact, get the custom Very High settings patch here. It will give you better visuals than 'High' equivalent to Very High settings, but it will run a smoother than regular Very High settings, and just a tad slower than regular High settings.

Good luck.

merk thanks for the info, i actually read that thread and downloaded the file, still havent tried it yet.

Anyhow the reason i actually posted here is the fact i am feeling that i am not fully utilizing my system. i am sure my vid and processor can perform much better (its not that i am unsatisfied with the current settings). but extra power isnt that bad.

anyhow i am using bfg geforce 8800gtx @ 600/1400/1800 vs standard of 575/1350/1800. My question is what is the best overlock timings i can set to that card and what cooling system would i need should i overlock it to that settings (please take into consideration i am not a computer pro). And what extra performace i could get (% terms).

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom