alpha protocol seems laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
im running this on my pc and its fine apart from checkpoints where it seems really laggy for a few seconds to do stuff ie movement keys and the mouse to look and also sometimes once in a while inbetween checkpoints when im just playing it seems like its struggling and it takes time to sort itself out,
ive updated the graphic card drivers and the only thing next i can do if its not that buy a whole new computer?

It might actually be a slow hard drive. Are you running an older IDE hard disk? Also, try turning off any programs that are running in the background.

Well, if the game is smooth through most other parts then it's not your graphics card. Minimum recommended CPU is a bit higher than what you have so that could be it. It IS a newer game and your PC is pretty old, so to get the most out of the game you might be better off upgrading the entire machine...it's really what you want out of it.

here are the specs:
The Minimum System Requirements for Alpha Protocol:

Operating System: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor 2.66GHz (Intel Pentium) or Athlon XP 2400+(AMD)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 12 GB available hard drive space
Video Card (graphics): DirectX 9.1, Pixel Shader 3.0 and 256 MB (i.e. GeForce 7900 or ATI 1800)
Sound: DirectX 9.1 compatible
Keyboard, Mouse

The Recommended System Requirements for Alpha Protocol:

Operating System: Windows XP or Vista
Processor: 3.0 GHz Dual Core CPU / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ (or better)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 12 GB available hard drive space
Video Card (graphics): DirectX 9.1, Pixel Shader 3.0 and 512 MB (i.e. GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 2900)
Sound: DirectX 9.1 compatible
Keyboard, Mouse

Minimum requirements are a joke though so remember that. They are basically the requirements to get the game to install and not necessarily play.

Operating System: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor 2.66GHz (Intel Pentium) or Athlon XP 2400+(AMD)

but mines a amd 4200+?!?!

It's like Overlord said though. That's just to get the game to RUN. To get it to play, much less play smoothly, you will want to meet at least all recommended requirements. Your CPU falls a tad bit short of the recommended CPU.

I know 4200+s can do 2.5 or 2.6ghz easy. If your on adequate cooling then just OC the CPU. They are right though in the CPU direction of things, its holding your GPU back. Also, standard DDR loads things alot slower and games these days have bigger things to load which could cause stuttering in newer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom