Alien vs. Predator & Eyefinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alien vs. Predator & Eyefinity

While you can weigh in on the value of the AVP multiplier demo here, I did have an unexpected and joyful Eyefinity experience with it. AVP is the first game I have ever started on my personal Eyefinity system (3x1 Dell U2410 in Portrait) that went directly into Eyefinity mode at 3600x1920 resolution. I know AMD has been working closely with the AVP devs on some things such as DX11 tessellation, but it was nice to see Eyefinity "just work" for once without any action needed on my part. With all the eye candy turned on at 3600x1920, the demo was running from 30 to 45 FPS on a 5970. It felt like there was a good bit of optimization to be had as well and I am unsure that "CrossFireX" was pushing both GPUs on the card. Sound off on your Eyefinity and AVP experiences in this thread.

IM IN LOVE with your setup :) I want my monitors to be like that lol

I DL'd the demo....game sucks. hardcore. Graphics look like sh*t too, even when they're maxed out.

SAAAAD....

I really don't have many complaints about it so far. I think it did exactly what a demo is supposed to do, get me wondering about the release game.

I wonder what its going to look like with DX11. Hopefully more like the screenshots of the game than the demo; the disconnect between those two were pretty great.

I also wonder what the single player is going to be like.

Finally, after having a lot of fun in deathmatch, which is basically the worst mode they could have possibly had, I wonder how much fun I will have with the real meat behind the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom