AGP or PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rook1e

In Runtime
I have been lookin around for a new graphics card. I have noticed that a lot of cards are PCI-E...does this mean PCI-E is better? Or is AGP getting out of date?
I have a AGP slot and i was wondering if there was a difference between the two?
And if there is a difference how much?

Thanks!

If you have an AGP slot, you need an AGP card.

If you are looking to buy a new computer, you should get a PCI-E compatable mobo and card.

AGP is the older technology of the two, so get the newer tech.

I was just wondering how much difference there was between the two.
I have been lookin a lot online and like every card i see is PCIE...so i thought i would ask which is better.
And whats so bad about AGP?

Nothing is "bad" with it. A good AGP card can still kick ***, its just that its old technology. You would see a difference between an identical AGP card and a PCI-E one

it's just like two hamburgers, one is plain, and the other has cheese.
very sutle difference but obvious when you take a bite.
It's a 10c upgrade :) (or a hundred dollar one if your not talkin cheeseburgurs)
go with PCI-E it's newer, and new is GOOD!

make shur if you go AGP you know your bus speed, if its 8X than going above a 6800GT will make no difference, your card will olnly go as fast as the AGP will feed it the information. Thats why PCIx came out because it can feed info to support the 1ghz + cards.

Dont get me wrong though....the days of the AGP are not yet over... it can still kick *** when in the hands of an experienced tweeker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom