Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got the newsletter for AoC with the latest updates and a letter from the director or whoever saying whats coming up in the future. They are making some pretty serious updates. They just opened an entire new area for mid to late 50s and a new instance there too. They have new items apparently too. They are working on completely reworking the stats and items too. He also said the DX10 version will be released soon and apparently its no gimmick and very customizable. I haven't seen screenshots yet though so we'll see if thats the truth. If things continue this way, I might try picking this game back up in January for my winter break and see how it is. I just hope enough people still play it.

Akubane, do you think you will give it another try?

hm
I think it's very possible.

IF** They follow through with some serious updates and content it very well could be worth picking up again. It's a good game, but it was so unfinished on release. A lot of the bugs are probably fixed by now as well.

Seeing some new looks for the items is important as well.
And some major balancing needed to be done as well.

I got the newsletter too but never read it. hope it's still in my deleted folder lol.

The new PvP update just killed any hope for me picking this game back up. IMO, you don't play AoC for the PvE, even more content can't take the stinch out of that mess. But the PvP was awesome, much better than any recent MMOs (past few years), but it just seems to get worse and worse. I'm just going to wait for Darkfall and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I dunno I hate pvp lol so meh.

never heard of darkfall, might do some reading on it, sounds cool.

and i don't like star wars at all ; ;

I think I've recently come to terms that I don't like MMO's in general. I love the idea, and the game play of most (not wow)

but I don't like pvp, and I don't like being stuck in a raiding schedule, and besides those, I hate collecting 1323298351 boar livers and all that crap.
And I've realized.. without all that, there is no content. hahaha.

Maybe that's why I liked FFXI so much. it didn't have any of that garbage. Well, it still had the raid sort of thing, but there were alternatives as well.
And the playerbase was really friendly for the most part. There's always the irritating kids here and there, but not nearly so bad.

Shame the game is too darned old now.

Age of Conan DX10 coming soon !

And i still like my WoW. Okay it gets boring after a month or so.. so you dont play for a week, and make a new charachter and experience the fun all over again :) Im more of a money guy, ive never got past level 21 but heck i have a new charachter at lev 15 with just over 300gold with 20hours playing time.

Age of Conan DX10 coming soon !

And i still like my WoW. Okay it gets boring after a month or so.. so you dont play for a week, and make a new charachter and experience the fun all over again :) Im more of a money guy, ive never got past level 21 but heck i have a new charachter at lev 15 with just over 300gold with 20hours playing time.

I've only played the trial version of wow for a week so I don't know much about the game but how on earth did you get so much gold?! Do you just sit there and trade at the auction house?

Yeah, I think things are now getting better for AoC, with the latest bug fixes, the recently released Snow Mammoth mount, new items, playfield and dungeon.

With the new quests and things to do in AoC, and seeing a new item database http://aoc.yg.com to help players with good item info, I think I will be coming back to play AoC again.

What do you think guys?

Definitely some good changes. I'm still goign to give it lot's more time though.

'Sides I started playign ffxi again hahahaha.

Might be ok.

10$ says it's going to have all the problems AoC had on launch, and more just because it's trying to do so much at once.

I won't touch it with a pole untill at least a 3-12 months after launch.

It definitely has all the ideas that could make a great mmo.
As long as its not the same collect 5 boar dong quests you find in every other MMO.

And no bloody gnomes.

Looks good in the video for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom