Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm, yeah theres a slight shortage of tanks around late 50's early 60's too. i imagine tanks are in even shorter supply on pvp servers. thay have retarded survivability (guardians and dt's) but not much damage. Except guardians. Guardians seem ridiculous good.
just hit 60 last night. it's mostly grinding now, with 1 or two quests here and there. I haven't been to atzels yet so theres probably 2 or 3 more there. They've got a big content update coming for mid-end levels sometime in june if you didn't catch the dev notes. Might level my alt untill then, dunno. The lev 60 destiny quest was pretty awesome. I liked it.

I'm thinking about starting a guardian as my alt and level him with a friend who's rig I'm building this weekend so he can play.

The level 30 destiny quest was kinda lame IMO. Just go to a cave, kill some guys to get to the boss. It was pretty short with very little build up to it. I'm still loving the game though =) Just hit 35

you guys think i'll have any problem playing with the build in my sig? I know i can't play maxed out but i was thinking somewhere mid range is where i'll be at.

It all looks fine except I don't really know anything about the earlier ATI cards so I don't know where yours stands.

im thinking it'll do alright i was more worried about the processor cause the reccomended is the 6600. I don't run a very high resolution anyway since my second screen is a CRT

Well let me just say that this game is probably alot more demanding than you think. I just looked at the graphics card rankings stickied in the hardware section and and x850xt is only just about a 6800. I have a friend who has a 6800 and although he could run this game, it wasn't playable. He does have an old P4 so his comp is far worse than yours but my point stands that his card couldn't really handle it. So I think you will be able to run it but it will be at pretty low settings.

well if graphics is my only real lacking im looking at some different cards. I've really been gone from the PC world for a while, there seem to be a lot of good cards in the 10-200 range. What would you suggest that would get me to medium settings?

well I just got my new HD2600XT VGA card in the mail...along with AoC :D

crossing my fingers it gets the game up and running for now ! (untill I can build a new rig)

any other tips to get my CPU running a little faster? (its a Gateway)

would an aftermarket sound card help speed up my CPU a little ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom