Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol 12 hours is nothin. i used to put out 30 hour stretches on FFXI back in the day. can't handle that anymore. I was gonna pull an all nighter last night and play right through till tomorrow, but I got a headache after 14 :S

I hit 30 while reading all the quests, the story, and stopping to do resource gathering for a few hours. XD yeah its enjoyable. the game world doesnt even really start till 20. Also did some sightseeing. The first levels go by fast if you do your quests in an organized way. I like doing a circle around the map, when I get back to the start I turn in. instead of getting a quest, going to do it, coming back and getting another quest etc.. Too inefficient.

I rolled barbarian. Rogue gets 'hide' (not sneak) right from the get go? Are you lookin for the right ability vee?
Also you gotta make sure you keep pumping skill points into hide or else it's useless and wont work. It's on the right 'P' button menu. Pretty much needs to be capped or nearly capped if you want to sneak by mobs your level or 1 under.
And did you roll on Wiccana? That's the 'unofficial' PvE RP server, because Funcom wouldn't give the RP players a PvE server.

servers down for 5 hour maintenance >.> thats like 16 hours maintenance in 3 days lol. So I guess it's a 2 day early access ;p
The maintenance is kinda welcomed though. The servers are gonna take a massive hit tomorrow so better now than later.

One tip for anyone makin it later on, if its a group quest, Get a group! ; ; the boss mobs are 'elite' and will beat you down even if you like 5 levels higher lmao. hope i save at least 1 life. <3

Nah, i havent put any points into anything yet. The game has a pretty steep learning curve and i havent really dedicated much to it yet. I have ADD when it comes to video games. I still havent decided what class i want to play. My Dark templar is like lever 13 and is pretty cool, but i'm not really sure how thats going to work out. I'll probably be switching between that and the barb. Assassin just isnt my cup of tea.

lol 12 hours is nothin. i used to put out 30 hour stretches on FFXI back in the day. can't handle that anymore. I was gonna pull an all nighter last night and play right through till tomorrow, but I got a headache after 14 :S

I hit 30 while reading all the quests, the story, and stopping to do resource gathering for a few hours. XD yeah its enjoyable. the game world doesnt even really start till 20. Also did some sightseeing. The first levels go by fast if you do your quests in an organized way. I like doing a circle around the map, when I get back to the start I turn in. instead of getting a quest, going to do it, coming back and getting another quest etc.. Too inefficient.

I rolled barbarian. Rogue gets 'hide' (not sneak) right from the get go? Are you lookin for the right ability vee?
Also you gotta make sure you keep pumping skill points into hide or else it's useless and wont work. It's on the right 'P' button menu. Pretty much needs to be capped or nearly capped if you want to sneak by mobs your level or 1 under.
And did you roll on Wiccana? That's the 'unofficial' PvE RP server, because Funcom wouldn't give the RP players a PvE server.

servers down for 5 hour maintenance >.> thats like 16 hours maintenance in 3 days lol. So I guess it's a 2 day early access ;p
The maintenance is kinda welcomed though. The servers are gonna take a massive hit tomorrow so better now than later.

One tip for anyone makin it later on, if its a group quest, Get a group! ; ; the boss mobs are 'elite' and will beat you down even if you like 5 levels higher lmao. hope i save at least 1 life. <3

Your the reason rickets is on the rise.

I cut a hole in my blind so that a beam of sunlight is allways on my hand, and only my hind. It keeps me alive. :p

lol I had to look that up. I'm not worried. I've got a heated in-ground pool in my back yard. I'll get my intake of sunlight. Just can't use it for another couple weeks. Doing the whole de-winterization thing.

'Sides I've had recent x-rays (within 4 months) and my bones are good.
so :p
lol

DT is cool. Like a Tank with group support abilities/secondary dps. Assassin wasn't my thing either.
The skill points (on 'P' menu) can be re-set to 0 just by hitting alt and right clicking or something along those lines. It costs a small bit of cash but nothing major.
The feat's are a bother if you screw up and want to reset. They cost more, and apparently later on if you re-set them it will set all your gathering skills back to 0. That's still unconfirmed because the in game 'support staff' arent 'allowed' to release that info. So untill some poor bugger tests it out we won't know.
That would suck, because getting certain materials for the 'next level quest' is a pain lol.

Anyway food time. Server maintenance ended up beign extended by 2 hours lol.
They haven't hit a deadline yet, so i hope they start accounting for their lateness and give proper estimates. If its going to take 7 hours, dont say 5. thats just irritating. lol

I'm curious to see how the servers are going to hold up tomorrow. My guess is as soon as it's the official launch time the servers go down hard XD I'm estimating a 3hr maintenance to put out the fires. haha jk.
I think it'll go good. I've had a great mid-50's latency for the past few days, i'm curious to see what that's going to turn into tomorrow. If it hits 300+ i'm just going to play Wii lol. This isn't a game that would work well with lag. You really gotta be on your toes if you're trying to weave through enemies. or else you're gonna get 3-5 on you in a flash, and then you're dead.

edit~
lol extended by another hour :S oh well.

edt~
lol they've extended tonights maintenance 3 times now, and it's not even launch day.

10$ says tomorrows gonna be a crapshoot lol

so is the game up for everyone now?
how do i play?
you may remember previous posts that i couldn't play...
but when i was at my cousins i got to the login screen...
what am i supposed to put?
it didn't let me create anything and when i went to their website there wasn't anywhere to sign up.

register.ageofconan.com

And the servers are own Again, for estimated 3 hours funcom time. Which is 4-6 hours real time.

they didnt even last 45 min after launch lol. brutal.

maybe ill go see a movie ;p

register.ageofconan.com

And the servers are own Again, for estimated 3 hours funcom time. Which is 4-6 hours real time.

they didnt even last 45 min after launch lol. brutal.

maybe ill go see a movie ;p

Yea i just hot 19 before servers went down. i saw KoD got their Keep up, thats hardcore. I am taking a more casual approach to this game enjoying the levels and quests. Plus i have only had like 7hours of game play because of work. Grats on hitting 30 so quickly, if i ever catch up we should meet up ingame and do some quests. In game name is Tarob if you ever wanna chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom