Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonKerz

In Runtime
Really nice looking fun RPG, or a WoW-like life wasting blow out. I've been watching the development of AoC since i first heard of its release, I've been drooling over screenshots and gameplay demos and developer reviews until I saw and heard of a couple of features that game has. First off the fighting engine looks wonderful, an RPG that will actually require skill, but every time you strike somebody the "300" inspired blood effects spew blood at every slice as if their limbs were being severed. The thing with 300 was the blood was that intense because the soldiers would die in 1 to 2 slashes or stabs, not running around hacking at each other at least 10 times. Another thing that makes me cringe is the fact there is no parry or blocking system. I know the game is insipired by conan the barbarian but this doesn't necesarily mean that every fight needs to be a bunch of people in a little blood fest mindlessly hacking at eachother creating extremely unrealistic and pointless gameplay. Of course all this is judged off of what developers have said about the game and what I've seen in videos, and I'm hoping Funcom will prove me wrong and make a very fun and interesting game environment for the next big upcoming MMORPG, but I'm still crossing my fingers this game won't turn out like World of Warcrack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom