Advice on some PC upgrades

Lightsend

Solid State Member
Hi Guys its been a few years since ive posted on this site and the last time I got some very helpful advice so here I am again. Im after some advice on weather the 2011pin MB/CPU's are worth the extra cash. I only really use this PC for gaming but I do like to run max graphic settings. Ill be buying from MSY and im looking at the following.

Asus Rampage-IV-Gene-X79 Motherboard & the i7-3930K Processor

or just upgrading my current CPU to the i7-3770K with my current P6X58D Premium motherboard
and looking at grabbing a 6G GTX TITAN also

Currently running
P6X58D Premium motherboard
i7950 cpu (4Ghz OC)
Radeon 2G 5970HD
16G DDR3 G.skill ripjaw X
Corsair TX750w power supply
Kuhler H2O 920

Will my Corsair 750w power supply and my DDR3 ram im using in my 1155pin motherboard be compatible? and im quiet sure it wont but would my Kuhler H2O 920 CPU cooler fit a 2011pin?

Any other upgrade suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Well, this is the wrong section but more relevant than most I've seen.

To be quite honest, your 4Ghz 950 still won't bottleneck any gaming and to answer your question the X79 platform isn't worth it. A 4670k and Z87 board would be a much better gaming setup.

Don't bother with buying a Titan. They have throttling issues due to a weaker VRM and ****ty GPU Boost 1.0. A better buy would be a GTX 780 or two honestly and yes your RAM and PSU would work fine.

To the cooler, depending on when you bought it, it should have a bracket for the 1156 or 1155 socket. That will work on the newer 1150/Z87 boards.

Back
Top Bottom