Advice for new Gaming PC I'm about to build

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyannie

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I'm actually new to gaming, but what I've done so far I love. I'm going to build a PC that will be a dedicated gaming station and I'm wondering what will be the best and essential parts to use e.g. what kind of video card, sound card, which CPU brand and speed, how much RAM, what kind of case, how much power supply wattage, what kind of joystick is really good etc. etc.

I figure since you guys play PC games all the time you would be the experts. So, any input on any piece or part would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going more for a screaming machine than for looks. I just want it to rock my world.

Thanks in advance for your advice - sock it to me, Randy

Well...we are experts :p . One thing to remember is to go for larger known companies and not exotic and strange ones.

CPU- AMD for gaming. Athlon 64 2800+ and up is a good buy for the dedicated gamer.

Video Card- ATi or nVIDIA. In my Bias opinion i would go for the 6800 GT, just because it competes with the ATi x800XT and is $100 cheaper. Really you cant go wrong with either.

Motherboard- Very important part! For any 64-Bit CPU...or rather any CPU I would recommend Asus or Abit.

RAM- 1GB 2700 DDR and up should suffice.

PSU- 500 Watts

Case- Always thermaltake

Sound Card- Get whatever you like :D

hope that helps!

vid card = nVidia 6800 Ultra or GT
processor = AMD 64
gamepad = thrustmaster 3
mobo = Asus deluxe that suits your processor
case = coolermaster or thermaltake like he said above

that's just my personal thoughts on a gaming comp, right now, the comp in my sig is my gaming comp, i picked intel processor because i don't like the low clock speeds of AMD even though they are faster gaming chips. i also picked the raidmax case because it looked nice and was in my pricerange.

ohGrFreak said:
vid card = nVidia 6800 Ultra or GT
processor = AMD 64
gamepad = thrustmaster 3
mobo = Asus deluxe that suits your processor
case = coolermaster or thermaltake like he said above

that's just my personal thoughts on a gaming comp, right now, the comp in my sig is my gaming comp, i picked intel processor because i don't like the low clock speeds of AMD even though they are faster gaming chips. i also picked the raidmax case because it looked nice and was in my pricerange.

I would go with that one....^^^

Yeah thats pretty good

Definately AMD 64 of some kind in your budget range
Ram: Corsair XMS is really good, duel channel would be best
Video card: This is your most important componant, this will decrease the load on the processor and help the graphics the most, spend the most money you can here. X800XT or 6800 Ultra
MOBO: Abit or Asus that matches the cpu you pick
HDD: if you really have a lot of money get 2 WD Raptor's in raid 0.

Thats pretty top of the line though, you can cut back anywhere you really need to except the video card really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom