Advanced Crysis Tweaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Hey guys. I've really discovered some incredible things about tweaking Crysis, and I am currently very happy with how it's running. This game is capable of so much more when a proper tweak is made.

We've already discovered how to get "Very High" under XP, but we get a severe performance penalty. Plus, the older method screws up the graphics settings.

A guy on another forum discovered a much easier way to tweak Crysis, and in the process, also opened the gates to much more advanced Crysis tweaking.

I won't go into details, but much more information is here: Crysis, the real graphics! - FileFront Gaming Forums

Now, here comes the ultra cool part where a fellow forum member shows what this means in real world terms. I currently have Crysis set to custom settings that IMO look superior to Very High mode and makes the game absolutely stunning to watch. But here's the great part, I'm hitting an average of about 32 fps and sometimes even hitting 40-50! And my rig is really nothing so special. And no, I'm not running this at low resolution of my old crt monitor, that has been replaced, I have this running at 1680x1050 on my new LCD. That's right.

I did this by coming across a custom config on another forum made by a guy. Unfortunately, I completely forgot his name, but regardless, I'm not going to steal his credit. HIS CONFIG IS AWESOME! Not only does it look better than Very High, but it also runs a heck of a lot better! And I've attached it here for you guys to try out. All you do is stick it into the Crysis folder (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo for example) and just run the game. You'll notice that your graphics settings are now set to "Custom"

Now comes some screen shots, and you'll be quite delighted to see the framerate on the upper right hand corner :D

Here's the link to the Photobucket album: thekeyser22 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (The images were resized from 1680x1050)

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    593 bytes · Views: 65
does it matter if i changed my config files earlier? i cant find the backups i made for my config files

I'd recommend restoring your config files, but try it out anyway, if things screw up, just delete autoexec.cfg and you'll be alright. Autoexec overruns those files anyway, so I'm pretty sure it should work just fine.

ok found my backup configs, restored original configs and tried this new one out, looks great i can run shaders above low now looks great waters great everything is good and i get acceptable frame rates this is a pretty sweet find

Run the GPU stress test found in the bin32 folder, I'm curious as to what kind of average framerate you're getting with that 7950GX2, and what res are you running at?

Until crysis works with SLI, crytek can kiss my ***.

haha, yo man, try this out with the demo at least, you'll get like > 50% increase in performance. I went from 20 fps to 35 and the occasional 40-50 fps pop and I've got all Very High features like, super high-res textures, very high shaders, godrays and depth of field!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom