Adding a non-steam game to Steam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I have been on Steam a lot with my recent purchases. I notice there is an option to: "Add non-Steam game..."

What does this do? Does it just add it to "My Games" page of the Steam app? Does it reinstall the game, request the key, or verify the key?? :rolleyes:

I'd like to add some games to it just so I can incorporate the functionality of Steam with the game. Mainly the accessing friends list, chat and such by simply the overlay that Steam does with a simple "Alt Tab" action.

Thanks

Edit: I went ahead and added Crysis WH. Seems it just adds the short cut and the overlay does work. So that is nice! Just wondering if Steam gets involved any other way with it. I'd rather it not. Like updated or patches. I can do that on my own. Any one with more knowledge on this chim in!

one important reason to add it to your steam games list is when your playing the game it tells other players on their friends list what game are you playing

Chad, unfortunately... It just adds the non-steam games as shortcuts. Which I do, just to have a complete list of all my installed games under on application. Other than that the non-steam shortcuts do not take advantage of steam features.

Yeah I tried it last night. I'm just happy i can do that ALT TAB deal and be able to quick chat with friends on Steam.

The two that I have :(

The whole reason i add non steam games to steam is so that i can use Steam Overlay to chat to Steam friends. It's a right beast to alt tab to chat on steam everytime you play a non steam game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom