Addicted to Far Cry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard they optimized warhead much better than the original crysis. Is there still that much of a difference that you get better graphics in farcry 2?

Really liked it, but got so sick of the same missions, but more than anything, always having to dodge the checkpoints. What would have made it for me is if there was a way to win over checkpoints with either diamonds, missions, etc. I wouldn't care, would be rewarding to unlock checkpoints. Instead of it taking an hour to go from A to B all the time.

Farcry 2 single player although having a lot of play time and open endedness, is filled with repetition along with a poorly executed story line with poor unrealistic dialogue. The best perfect example of how to make an amazing sandbox game while still requiring a lot of traveling from point A to B is GTA4...maybe a city is just inherently more fun to explore then the African Savanna, just way more interactive elements.

Farcry 2 single player although having a lot of play time and open endedness, is filled with repetition along with a poorly executed story line with poor unrealistic dialogue. The best perfect example of how to make an amazing sandbox game while still requiring a lot of traveling from point A to B is GTA4...maybe a city is just inherently more fun to explore then the African Savanna, just way more interactive elements.

to bad after 2384972389 GTA games they got old :\

to bad after 2384972389 GTA games they got old :\

thats what I thought until I played GTA4 for 35 hours....amazing game...the engine and physics really do bring back the pure fun factor. Not to mention the great voice acting, atmosphere, city life, and story line. I think its like the 3rd highest rated game of all time according to the metascores.

For me GTA4 crashes alot so I don't play much. Plus it is really hard at some points like right now im stuck somewhere in the second district and just gave up and stopped playing. Farcry 2 was pretty addictive but wasn't all that much of a challenge. I went and just took the easiest route in every mission thinking once it was all done I would be free to roam around and do whatever but right at the end you just die. I do like that you can be way more stealthy in FC2 though.

Not a GTA4 kinda guy.. but I just can't get jazzed about Far Cry 2.. I have only played it acouple hours.
Its not bad but its not a thing that makes me go OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
maybe just played too many shooters and takes alot to amaze me.
I still say Fear and Fear 2 were and are more captivating and fun to play. for me anyways.

I could never get the darn game to even work. I installed the patch's, messed with drivers, reinstalled the game.

I could never get the darn game to even work. I installed the patch's, messed with drivers, reinstalled the game.

I had the same problem on installing it on Win 7, so I looked it up and someone suggested turning off tablet PC app stuff .. but that didn't work for me. but the game installed fine for me in Vista.. also it took full advantage of DX 10.

I had the same problem on installing it on Win 7, so I looked it up and someone suggested turning off tablet PC app stuff .. but that didn't work for me. but the game installed fine for me in Vista.. also it took full advantage of DX 10.

If I have to install Vista to play the game then this game is going to become another eBay seller.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom