Addicted to Far Cry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
Man, I don't know why but Far Cry 2 is way better graphicly on my machine then Crysis 2. I am just hooked on FC2 I played it when I first brought it home for 36 hours straight.. never even rebooted to clean my VMem..

I felt like a crack head lol.. I haven't played like that since Doom 3 came out.

but when I got Crysis warhead, it was cool but no where near as fun as FC2.. also seems to have alot more gameplay.

i found farcry 2 meh...it was ok, it did not take me too long to play threw, and i found it really easy. Straight threw the story doing most of the assassinations and about half of the friend missions it took me about 14 hours...i have about 20 hours into it, half of the extra is when i got lost...didn't know you could zoom out on the map Duh.

yeah, it's begining to seem a bit redundent, all the same ppl and the board never changes, but man it seems ro be the best gfx for my machine.. is there a better FPS? (besides Crysis and CWH)

redundant is an understatement... However, I still played the game for hours just for the respawning enemies...

Haven't reinstalled it though..

As I stated before, I think FarCry 2 has better graphics for the power it demands compared to Crysis. There was many arguments over this, and there are many on this forum ( although hidden at the time of my argument ) believe Crysis should look way better for the power it demands. I mean its pretty much the only game today besides the poorly ported GTA4 for the PC that can't be maxed out at high resolution even with the best technology today.

lastly before Zmatt interjects, I don't care if the Crysis engine renders everything, it doesn't look 2x better than Farcry 2 which uses half the resources.

^Yeah farcry 2 looks great, an i used it on a 2.4ghz (q6600 at stock) with a 9600gt at higher mid setting 1680x1050 with very decent fps, 35+...I tried that with crysis warhead and no way was that happening. I like farcry 2 graphics better then crysis warhead though. Things in cwh are two bright, and vibrant...i like games that are more on the darker side, with the look of some kinda of evil going on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom