Activision! Just sell COD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why give someone money that doesn't care about you.. That is all I am saying. And if Blizzard can charge for online play why can't Activision? Millions of people still play Blizzards games.

Not cool. part of the pc gaming experience is hosting your own free server for multiplayer. The pc is an open platform, you can't just lock it down like the console and expect people to pay to play online.

MW2 is officially my least favorite game of the year.

QFT! Exactly what I think. I tried returning the game the other day, told the guy Activision were ****ing ******* trying to cheat the PC community. He agreed with me :D
didn't get a refund tho lol

So why give someone money that doesn't care about you.. That is all I am saying. And if Blizzard can charge for online play why can't Activision? Millions of people still play Blizzards games.

Either you have a low iq, or you are to young. The CURRENT BATTLE.NET games will NOT be effected by this, the ONLY blizzard game that you need to pay to play is WoW, Blizzard and Battle.net can NOT legialy charge for Diablo 1/2 Starcraft and Warcraft 2/3, as on EACH package it states, FREE ONLINE PLAY USING BATTLE.NET. If they started to charge, people could file false advertisment lawsuits against Battle.net and Blizzard as the games are still being sold with a space saying that online play is free.

Either you have a low iq, or you are to young. The CURRENT BATTLE.NET games will NOT be effected by this, the ONLY blizzard game that you need to pay to play is WoW, Blizzard and Battle.net can NOT legialy charge for Diablo 1/2 Starcraft and Warcraft 2/3, as on EACH package it states, FREE ONLINE PLAY USING BATTLE.NET. If they started to charge, people could file false advertisment lawsuits against Battle.net and Blizzard as the games are still being sold with a space saying that online play is free.

Still, if they made this move then it would be reason enough to boycott all of their titles.

Not many big companies care about their customers or communities dude. The whole idea behind running a business is to make money, so they make products most people will buy. Given how many sales the new CoD has already, all they're going to think about is how they can make more money the cheapest. Once they get X million players who are dedicated, they think the can get away with charging money per month to play it. That or they'll wait until the next CoD to introduce pay per month, on top of the $60 entry fee. The "hardcore" crowd, like most on here, isn't listened to by many.

Ohh god your retarded... That is all I have to say. I posted up saying what Acti is trying to do.. Fight it all you want. They are trying to nickel and dime you for everything and now they will on their games multiplayer. And guys... have fun paying for DLC in MW2 that comes on your original DVD..

Not cool. part of the pc gaming experience is hosting your own free server for multiplayer. The pc is an open platform, you can't just lock it down like the console and expect people to pay to play online.

MW2 is officially my least favorite game of the year.

this is what I mean. Console gamers just don't get it. Pc gamers are a different breed. We game for more than cheap thrills. There are many who live for modding games. Coding and editing them is half the fun. M$ tried to make you use xbox live accounts with Halo 2 for PC and look what happened to it. If they make you pay to play then it will come back to bite them. There are many WoW servers hosting free games out there, the same will happen for MW2.

I do understand what you mean by being more hardcore then most console gamers and I will agree with you that around 90% of console gamers are not hardcore but there still are many hardcore console gamers out there that play COD4, MW2, Halo, Gears of war etc.

I don't believe PC gamers should have to pay for online play but on the other hand I don't think they should be allowed to mod a game and play ranked online matches. IMO when you play a ranked gametype you must play by the original rules and not change them because someone is using something "cheap" the best thing to do is adapt and in doing so it will make you a better player. I hate it when people use juggernaut, martyrdom, the noob tube etc. but you will find that there is a way to combat those.

I do believe that PC gamers should be able to customize private matches so they can play there hardcore gametypes without the "cheap" weapons and have mods but still not all that big of a deal.

IMO MW2 is fun for casual gaming with friends and the campaign/spec ops missions are a lot of fun to play however I do prefer COD4's multi-player over MW2's because its not as random. Everyone has the same chance in a match to get something. In MW2 the other team could get an airdrop and get a AC130, or chopper gunner, while you just get a UAV jammer or ammo off yours. In COD4 you got the same things: A UAV, Airstrike, and a helicopter.

Point is: It's one game their are better games then MW2 for multiplayer out and there will be better ones coming.

I do understand what you mean by being more hardcore then most console gamers and I will agree with you that around 90% of console gamers are not hardcore but there still are many hardcore console gamers out there that play COD4, MW2, Halo, Gears of war etc.

I don't believe PC gamers should have to pay for online play but on the other hand I don't think they should be allowed to mod a game and play ranked online matches. IMO when you play a ranked gametype you must play by the original rules and not change them because someone is using something "cheap" the best thing to do is adapt and in doing so it will make you a better player. I hate it when people use juggernaut, martyrdom, the noob tube etc. but you will find that there is a way to combat those.

I do believe that PC gamers should be able to customize private matches so they can play there hardcore gametypes without the "cheap" weapons and have mods but still not all that big of a deal.

IMO MW2 is fun for casual gaming with friends and the campaign/spec ops missions are a lot of fun to play however I do prefer COD4's multi-player over MW2's because its not as random. Everyone has the same chance in a match to get something. In MW2 the other team could get an airdrop and get a AC130, or chopper gunner, while you just get a UAV jammer or ammo off yours. In COD4 you got the same things: A UAV, Airstrike, and a helicopter.

Point is: It's one game their are better games then MW2 for multiplayer out and there will be better ones coming.

I don't think you understood my post. I'm not saying pc gamers are more hardcore. We don't necessarily play in more tournaments or anything like that. I'm saying its a different culture. They are trying to force console practices on the pc, and i wont stand for it.

35g700 said:
I don't think they should be allowed to mod a game and play ranked online matches. IMO when you play a ranked gametype you must play by the original rules and not change them because someone is using something "cheap" the best thing to do is adapt and in doing so it will make you a better player.
That's the way EA does BF2. Mods cannot be played on ranked servers, period. No one has a problem with it, either.

I won't play WOW. The main reason being that once I buy a game I am not going to keep on paying to play it. The same goes for any other game with a pay to play policy. I don't care for the COD series, so none of this bothers me. It is the overall trend that bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom