About Internet Connection During a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

blmiller2

Beta member
hi i have tried it seems like everything. . . but basically my internet will be working fine and i'll get online to play a game. . . halo. . .command and conquer 2 and tiberian sun to name a few. . .and either after a full game is done or after playing for a while my computer will completely lose its internet connection. . . i checked the cards compatibility w/ windows and there wasn't a problem, i am connected by a network ethernet card and am directly connected to a router not wireless, and this is starting to annoy me so if anyone could help or has an idea of whats going on i would appreciate your ideas. . .Thanks!

Does this happen when you're just surfing the net? Have you checked for any spyware on your PC? Have you tried resetting your modem/router at all?
Try these thigns and then post back.

to jorsoft03:
No this doesn't happen when surfing the net, i have spybot, norton, and microsoft antispyware. . . and i also had this problem before i was hooked through a router, just a direct ethernet connection, so yes i have tried all these things but thanks for the ideas. . . if you have anymore please lemme know
thanks

have you been with the same ISP since the problem started? becuase some ISPs (like ur internet provider) limit how much stuff you can do in each session. (especially cheap dial-ups) but since your on a router i presume your on DSL or something. Its wierd how it cuts off AFTER you play the game or whatever. Maybe bandwidth limits? check with your ISP, ring their customer service line and ask them. becuase i think its something about them not you. also they will be more than happy to help you with router problems i think, unless you diden't tell them your sharing your connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom