Abit Mobo - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carniva

In Runtime
Hi

I recently bought a Abit kv8 mother board and a athon64 3500+. I set the computer up, but when i turn on the power it stays on for about 6 seconds and then turns itself off. There is also a LCD screen on the motherboard and i get the error code 9F (Whatever that means).

I have already taken 1 of these motherboards back and got it replaced, and exactly the same problem occurred on the replacement motherboard, so i am starting to believe that the processor is F'#/ked!

Please can anyone give any suggestions?

Thanks

You'd probably get better results in the hardware section, but here's my input. I'd suggest looking in the manual and seeing if they have a list of error codes. If I had to guess, I'd assume it was your power supply, what kind do you have?

... the kv8 is for sckt 754, u have a 939. what u need is the av8 not the kv8. u have wrong mobo

edit: wait u hace av8 or kv8? they arnt the same...

I have a AV8 which is socket 939, + 3500+ which is also socket 939, so no problems here!

My PSU is 450 watts so it is definately powerful enough!! (I think!)

People have been saying that it is the memory that is misseated, while others have been saying that its a graphics card problem.

Nothing seems to work, i am at my wits end!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom