7900 for Oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me, Obvilion's graphics are still just like games today.. it doesn't beat FEAR, and as a 3D modeler i can tell you they took into consideration the Polygon count (less geometry=higher performance) look at the grass and the rocks on that one house screenshot. THis game should run with no lag on 7800GT/X at pretty good settings. If you are forced to run the game at lower resolutions and have an LCD, just stand back a little, and the jagged pixels won't be noticeable anymore.

beedubaya said:
I was dumb and put an NV5 on my 7800GT, so now I can't do SLI.

I feel your pain. I've got a Silencer 4 on my X800XT PE and it's so freakin' huge. I couldn't imagine using that on a SLI card. Two of those AC coolers in one case would be crazy...

Didn't you save your stock HS&FAN though? I did. I still have it and can reinstall it if I want to....

http://www.oblivionportal.com/

Over at Bethesda Softwork's Official Elder Scrolls site FAQ page, they've finally mustered up the allay to announce the long awaited official minimum system requirements, recommendations, and supported videocard chipsets for the PC version of TES4: Oblivion, which you can also find on our system requirements page. Here they are:

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1800 series
* ATI X1300 series
* ATI X850 series
* ATI x800 series
* ATI x700 series
* ATI x600 series
* ATI Radeon 9800 series
* ATI Radeon 9700 series
* ATI Radeon 9600 series
* ATI Radeon 9500 series
* ATI Radeon 9000 series
* NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series

And, there we have it. Be sure to head on over to the entire FAQ page for further elaboration regarding the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom