7900 for Oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
I would not be suprised if the 7800GT could only play this on 1024x768, which is NOT what I was wanting to hear, because I can't play at that resolution because of my LCD. Ill probably have to wait on this game until I get a better card.

This is a sad day for PC gaming when today's games are so demanding that even the higher end cards like the 7800GT/X struggle with them. Maybe I should just get an XBOX360 and give up PC gaming.

Wow! You are wrong every time you say that, I think it's been 100 times you've repeated yourself.

You WONT need the highest end graphics card to PLAY the game, but you will to MAX it out. Maybe your just freaked about having everything at highest settings, but to most people, medium settings on a 200 dollar graphics card suits them fine.

yea i know. why do u need everything MAXED out? if u really want to then just buy another $500 card and fall into the trap. this is how companies like nvidia and ati are making so much money.

wats soo good about this game looks like fable or morrowind to me and i did not find any of those games fun or addictive at all

Havoc thanks for posting the reqs, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this game might run on my current pc after all (albeit at low settings).

no problem jorsoft03.

Beedubaya always questions new games & system requirements based on HIGHEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS. So don't worry guys.

lol - anyway. Normally when they list Recommended Specs. it's based on MID settings or Normal settings, for playability not eye candy.

For eye candy and uber leet high settings the list should look more like this:

Recommended:

* AMD 3200+ to FX-60, Dual Core 3800+ to 4800+
* 2 GB System RAM
* ATI X1800 or X1900 series, Nvidia GeForce 7800 or 7900 series,

HAVOC2k5 is right, when I asked if you needed a 7900 for Oblivion, I was basing that off of what you would need for max or near max settings. And it is a shame that a card that was top end only 6 months ago is already struggling with games at these settings, although today's cards still have years left on medium and low settings/resolution. It depends on what you want out of your card, but I think as much as they cost, you should be able to enjoy max settings for a longer period of time than you do today.

You're right Beedubya, but Oblivion pushes the envelope on everything that makes up a game, including graphics. This game is being considered a magnum opus for Bethesda and could very well be a major milestone for gaming in the years to come. Oblivion, if all its promises hold true, will do for the RPG what Half Life did for the FPS and could very well save the genre in a Baldur's Gate style all over again. It is very, very difficult to market roleplaying games in today's game markets and the elder scrolls 4 must impress on all levels. And for a game that could be this good and redefine gaming as entertainment, if it takes the latest and greatest hardware to run it full blast the so be it. I for one am more than willing to sacrifice some graphical flair for a game with this much potential.

Besides, every other game out now in many in the next few years would run like gravy on your system, don't be too ticked that one new game won't max out on it.

jorsoft03 said:

Besides, every other game out now in many in the next few years would run like gravy on your system, don't be too ticked that one new game won't max out on it.

Its actually if you can run Oblivion maxed out, you are set for the next 2 years or so, because Unreal Engine 3 games will be very similar to Oblivion in terms of graphical advancement, shader usage, etc. If you can't max out Oblivion, and you are going to want to max out or near max out UT2007, you might want to consider an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom