6600GT on BF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well do you own a 6600GT and play battlefield2, I thought not.

I do, and I play it on high - lighting and shadows.

Ok, but where you got the idea that 6600GT's can only run BF2 on low, I'm not sure. I have read up on this and seen FPS graphs w/ diff cards on BF2. I mean it pulled like 70+ FPS on high settings w/ 1024x768 and 2x AAF.

So I'll say it again, it's sheer fanboyism for you.

Counter-Strike said:
Ok, but where you got the idea that 6600GT's can only run BF2 on low, I'm not sure. I have read up on this and seen FPS graphs w/ diff cards on BF2. I mean it pulled like 70+ FPS on high settings w/ 1024x768 and 2x AAF.

Thats right, a 6600GT CAN do that. i'm not sure if thats with the AA though, because my 6800 sometimes chokes on BF2 with AA enabled (Its the game though). since BF2 is really shifty, you might get lucky and be able to do AA. but you won't have any problem running it on high like the DJ does, even though Syntax really can't get a grip on how scaleable BF2 really is.

BTW, "only" $300. only???? Im sorry, but 4 most of us its tough to get 300 to spend on a green board with a fan on it

I play everything high, v-sync on, 1280x1024, lighting set to low and medium. Nuff said. It works great. Syntax you are truly D*@B. Show some respect to others who have been here longer than you and know more than you.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well do you own a 6600GT and play battlefield2, I thought not.

I do, and I play it on high - lighting and shadows.

Yea I do have one, it sucks. It's not on my comp, it's my bros. I run BF 2 on a 7800 GTX :).

If you can't spend 300$ on a green board that has a fan, maybee you don't know how it works.

look, nobody here cares that you have a 7800, and compared to a 7800, the 6600GT does suck. but then again, the retail price for a 6600GT is under $150 while the 7800GTX is around $600. do you understand the concept of midrange hardware?

and if your brother has to run BF2 on low on a 6600GT, than he is having major hardware or software problems.

Syn7ax 3rror said:

If you can't spend 300$ on a green board that has a fan, maybee you don't know how it works.

I iknow how it works far better than you do my friend.

Beedubya, could you please read this thread and see if it warrants a lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom