6600GT on BF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syn7ax 3rror said:
Don't get a 6600 gt, I don't really think it can handle BF 2. I, personally would go with 2 6800 GT's or a 7800GTX.

Look buddy, not everyone has a million dollars to spend on the latest and greatest, thats why mid-range cards like the 6800 (standard), 6600GT, and X700 Pro exist. for the people who wish to play games at high settings without breaking the bank.

And BTW, nobody likes people who tell others to get something that their not in the market for, kinda like people who tell others to buy Porsche's when their really in the market for a gas-efficient commuter car, or you telling someone on a tight budget (sub-$200) to spend almost $600 on two video cards.

Thats y he's a n00b. N00bs are convinced they are correct and dont listen to senior members/techies

Syn7ax 3rror said:
Actually no. Your the on with brain-damage here.

Yea, you can run BF 2 perfectly fine on low graphic mode with no shadows and bad lighting. Some people are fine with that.

But for those of us,(most of us) who whant the best experiance possible, the 660 GT won't cut it.

Besides, shadows are everything in a game.

Are you kidding me dude? My 9550 can run everything on low with like 60 fps, and it has HALF the pixel lines and clock speed of the 6600GT, are you on crack? Learn some more information on GPU's buddy.

And, um I don't exactly have 400-800 dollars to be spending on GFX cards....

yeah, a 6600GT will do you fine, or better yet get a vanilla 6800. their $180-someodd dollars on newegg, i got mine for $195 with shipping and it has a 256-bit memory interface, 12 pipelines and 5 vertex units. its a steal considering that these things MSRP is $300! if you can't afford that, OK. the 6600GT will be more than enough. just don't expect to do much AA if at all because it only has 128MB of VRAM.

Syn7ax 3rror said:
Don't get a 6600 gt, I don't really think it can handle BF 2. I, personally would go with 2 6800 GT's or a 7800GTX.

That statement is pure ignorance. A 6600GT can play the game fine. Actually, BF2 isn't as GPU dependent as it is RAM dependent. It would be more reasonable to say that he needed 2GB of RAM than it would to say what you just said. Man, its rediculous when people say these kinds of things. You do, however, need at least 1GB of RAM to run BF2. 2GB to run it with no hitches whatsoever.

I can voice my opinion if I want. Personally, I think a 6600GT would suck on BF 2, maybe that is because I'm not used to low graphic mode.

And however told me not to tell people what to get, I didn't. I said I personally would get.

Anyway, for your advice, I would get a 6800GT if you can afford it. Only like 300$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom