512 or 1gig of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfman44

Solid State Member
For gaming on a laptop, honestly, how much of a difference will it make. In most cases the price to go from 512 to 1gig is over $100. I'm just not sure of whats more important - I can get a GeForce 6600 128meg card with 1gig of ram or a Geforce 6800 256meg card with 512 ram for relativly the same price. For gaming and performance, which combo should I go with?

i'd go with the 6800 and 512MB one and buy a stick of 512MB RAM and put it in yourself. it would be cheaper that way.

I'd agree but how easy is it to upgrade a laptop to a gig. I heard that laptops are pretty hard to upgrade.

6800 and 512 :D

if it was as easy as upgrading my lappy, you wont have a lot of trouble upgrading yours, just make sure you have room to upgrade, get one stick of 512, and see if you have an open slot open for another 512MB stick later on

I'd agree but how easy is it to upgrade a laptop to a gig. I heard that laptops are pretty hard to upgrade

the only thing you can upgrade is the RAM, pretty much, maybe hardrive

RAM is the easiest internal hardware to upgrade. Theres a panel you open up. Then you put the stick in the slot. It's simple as pie. Mmmmmm Pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom