5 reasons you still need a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still play the classics....buy most younger pc gamers will never play them, and they will miss out on some of the best games ever......the graphics wont be good enought to please them.

While I love the new graphics of today......most games are not as "deep" as most of the old classics.

story line > graphics

I don't care how craptastic a game looks..if the story line pulls me in I'll play it for HOURS.

But in today's games very few actually have a storyline. You usually get like 20 hours of game play because game makers focus more on eye candy than story (crysis for example) but you do get some exceptions like fallout 3 (good graphics plus like 60-100 hours of gameplay easily)

There's also the case of games like Civilization, where there is NO story line, but the gameplay is so extremely addicting. The graphics aren't anything to rave about, but I've spent more time playing that game than anything else.

I wouldn't say people dont play the classics. I have played nearly every classic game for pc, weather it be when i was younger, or years after its release.

Well, for a young pc gamer to sit down and play thru the original Fallout game right now....I would guess less than 5% would do it. They would do Fallout 3....but not the original.

Like I've been trying to play through the original Half-Life since the beginning of summer, but I haven't gotten past halfway. The graphics are sooo bad. It's sooo hard to play it. I'm basically 19; this is what you consider young, right?

Well, for a young pc gamer to sit down and play thru the original Fallout game right now....I would guess less than 5% would do it. They would do Fallout 3....but not the original.

i actually got the trilogy pack for christmas because I wanted to play through the first ones so bad after playing FO3...but they refuse to work properly (horrible discoloration....old graphics I can handle, but the whole screen turning random purple/green colors just isn't my cuppa tea :( )

Like I've been trying to play through the original Half-Life since the beginning of summer, but I haven't gotten past halfway. The graphics are sooo bad. It's sooo hard to play it. I'm basically 19; this is what you consider young, right?

Yes, I would call you young my friend.

Wafflehammer, I have played both 1 and 2, the original releases and they work fine on XP.....but I am not sure about Vista or Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom