360 or PS3 controller for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I've been thinking about getting a bit better gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad 2, currently). It's all right, but I think a 360 or PS3 controller would feel more solid to me. I've used a 360 controller before, and think it's all right, but will be checking out a PS3 controller soon (friend is gonna let me try it out). Which one has better triggers? I like the feel of the dualshock controllers moreso than the Xbox controllers, but I haven't felt the PS's trigger's yet. How do they compare to Xbox's? I'm comparing prices..and the Xbox ones are just a few bucks cheaper (looking for a wireless one of either kind) than the PS3 controllers (Wifi xbox controller + dongle, and PS3 controller + bluetooth USB adapter).

Main reason I wanna get one, is for GTA 4 for PC lol. Would also be used for racing games...otherwise I'll be using my mouse/kb for all other games.

360 all the way without a doubt.
ps3 has poor placement with there analogs and the feel of it just is no good.for racing and fps games,(with any game actually) 360 controller wins x100.
if someone disagrees its cause they have never held a 360 controller or are a ps3 fanboy.lol

360 all the way without a doubt.
ps3 has poor placement with there analogs and the feel of it just is no good.for racing and fps games,(with any game actually) 360 controller wins x100.
if someone disagrees its cause they have never held a 360 controller or are a ps3 fanboy.lol

I love the PS's controller layout, tbh. It's what I had used for years, because I owned a PS2 for so long, and that's the only console I had. So just because if I were to like the PS's layout...doesn't make me a fanboy ;).

I won't be using it for FPS's. Controllers = suck for FPS's...that's what keyboard/mouse are for ;).

I have not used a ps3 controller, only ps2. But for racing games 360>ps2. From looks the trigger placement is better on the 360 but your results may vary.

I used the PS2 controller (pretty much the same as a PS3 controller) and I would say my favorite controller is the 360 controller, the PS controller is not bad though but i like for my hands to be fully wrapped around the controller in a form that fits them well, with the playstation controller it feels like my hands are jammed together in a very uncomfortable way. Go to Gamestop or a place where you can hold the controllers see which one you like better.

I used the PS2 controller (pretty much the same as a PS3 controller) and I would say my favorite controller is the 360 controller, the PS controller is not bad though but i like for my hands to be fully wrapped around the controller in a form that fits them well, with the playstation controller it feels like my hands are jammed together in a very uncomfortable way. Go to Gamestop or a place where you can hold the controllers see which one you like better.

Don't have a gamestop, or any store like that near me (closest place would be 2hrs away). The places here have the aftermarket ones (i.e. MadCatz ones), but I'm planning on getting one of the official ones. May go over to my friend's house one of these days and find out which I like more (one friend has a ps3, and another has a 360).

Get whatever you like. Currently I have my friends 360 controller, was weird I know the PS2/3 controller of by heart days of Tekken....

I got my 360 for free but without a controller (it was broken, I fixed it) so when I went to get a controller I got a wired one. That way I can use it with both the 360 and my PC. The 360 controller works very well on PC and fits great in my hands (I hate the PS2/3 design, I don't like how far you have to reach your thumbs for the analog sticks). The 360's triggers act as an axis on the PC, where the L trigger goes to negative and the R trigger goes to positive. The 360 is the only one with official PC drivers, the PS3 has a hacked together Bluetooth driver like the Wiimote does, but no official drivers from Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom