30 fps in crysis just not good enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, i used to always tell myself i wouldnt ever get anything larger than a 4:3 19 inch... the opportunity i saw a 22 inch for 200.. i grabbed it.. and now everyday i always crave for bigger (of course w/high res)!!! even though i now have a 24 inch i got for 300..i still long for more, i wanna get me a 30 inch someday.... ultimate hd gaming right there.. but would need tri-sli :(

Yeah that's the only thing though, if I upgrade the monitor, i'll need another GPU (for Crysis and future games anyway). Which, in a way, I wanted to get anyway. But i'm happy and amazed with how it looks as is, maybe once I get my tax returns i'll reconsider. And I don't use AA at all, I can never tell a difference in any game with it on or with it off. Every couple minutes I just stop and look around in awe at the graphics of this game. Makes me want a better video card for real life.

note: Just got further into Crysis and the dark levels aren't as smooth as the daytime levels on full blast, i'm considering turning it down.

I run mine at 1680x1050 with 2x AA and Very High settings....i have absoultely no problems...and it looks amazing.

now if the game wouldn't take so long to finish...

with a higher resolution, textures look ALOT better, you can see way more detail in things.. and the higher the res, the less anti aliasing you need to play a game to make it smoothen out

and krazq, if you want, i can send you the config i have as a winzip file

sure, ill pm you my email.
and is is the same one posted my merk? or is this your own?
thanks

not my own.. i got em from a crysis forums

looks incredibly.. pretty demanding though.. on 1920x1200 on single card i was grabbing about 22 fps average w/ a single card, w/ SLi i'm getting 30+ average... 10 fps boost.. i'm not impressed :(

everything was at stock.. gtx and cpu.. so you should do better

not my own.. i got em from a crysis forums

looks incredibly.. pretty demanding though.. on 1920x1200 on single card i was grabbing about 22 fps average w/ a single card, w/ SLi i'm getting 30+ average... 10 fps boost.. i'm not impressed :(

everything was at stock.. gtx and cpu.. so you should do better

alright, thanks.
ill prolly play at 1440 or less if i want better fps...and in nv contl pan im suppose to have my bar set at performance...right?

come to think of it.. i always leave it on quality.. never take it off.. even when benchmarking.. i should give that a go.. only.. I CAN'T OC W/ MY DAMNED PSU... so.... i'm stuck on stock for a while

Well, actually, I think you need to do your homework before making bold dismissive statements like the one you just did. Crysis does look much smoother at 30fps than other games do at 30 fps - and that isn't just my opinion, it's a provable fact. Why? Because, Crytek knew that no one would be pulling 60fps in their game with all the eye candy turned on at a high resolution, so they developed special "frame rate stabilization" software in their Cryengine 2 game engine, which Crysis is based off of. Their frame rate stabilization technology runs on cores 2 and 3 if you have a quad core while AI and physics run on Cores 0 and 1. This makes the game look much smoother than it actually is.

soooo... this game is way past dual core

That's still really low. I'm used to 150-200 FPS on shooters. Anything below 75 makes me wince. Are you guys saying that on very high settings with full AA and AS it's impossible to break 100fps? I will be playing on a 22" @ 1680x1050.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom